Thread: seaking 180 v3.1??

Default seaking 180 v3.1??

seaking 180 v3.1
    what? v3.1 is there even such a thing ? or is this just some marketing ploy?i didnt see any 3.1 on the hobbywing site

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-S...kAAOSwoBlaYEei
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Just a regular v3 nothing special

I wonder if that means they fixed the low voltage cutoff problem that was so common on the original V3
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

That doesn't say 3.1, how I read it is V3 then a full stop. Followed by 1 ( of in total ) Waterproof esc.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    That doesn't say 3.1, how I read it is V3 then a full stop. Followed by 1 ( of in total ) Waterproof esc.
    Good catch.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    i thought that may be it as well .wasn't sure .figure i ask around
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Looks like i have to send my NEW Turnigy 180 - v3 esc back for a replacement as i just tested a new hull and sure enopugh the esc shuts down after a quick burst then comes back to life instantly. have tried another same esc and all is fine, so its definetly this new one at fault.

been a known issue for awhile now on these v3`s .folks should stop buying them .this would force the manufacture to re engineer them or produce new ones .

Yes its abit of a hit and miss with these esc,s. I do have 3 others that work perfectly , so 3 out of 4 is the average with this brand. apparently the earlier version 180 esc,s were good so why did they change there internal component design. just have to waite now to see if my lovely friends from hobby king will replace this esc without delay.

If we are interested in playing Russian roulette with this ESC, whats is the best place to do it to try and get a good one?

Sounds like a authorized distributor is a good idea?

Is there a better option out there for about the price?

Does this controller typically work with a bypass BEC?

Not going to lie, I use some lower C ratted cell setts because its just a fun toy, will this controller choke on them? The old 180 worked perfectly fine.

Not clear on how this ESC works with lipo voltage, when it gets to a predetermined voltage, the controller cutts power to 1/4?

Not clear if its the BEC issue or the reduced power people are more upset about?

Why dont people get the older 180 ESC over this newer 180 ESC?

What parameters can be changed with the setup card?

I think you will find the later model 180 esc is simular to the early model but also more water proof. with the program card you can set all needed areas for boat use and yes you can run a separate bec or battery pack. not sure if the early model 180 esc is still available. I can,t complain about this Turnigy 180 v3 esc as out of 5 esc,s I own only 1 had issues and this was replaced very promptly by the seller Hobby King.