Thread: Graphene Panther

A good looking well produced advert, but it could use some more editing, I like adverts to be under a minute long.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

True. I was just showing the new product for peeps who may not have saw them yet

Time will tell if there any good , i would like to know too

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    Time will tell if there any good , i would like to know too
    they are good !

Good to hear! Can you tell much from the 65c?

Anyone have some more info on these and how good they are compared to 65C versions? I own a pair, but i dont know how they compare. 😅

Quote Originally Posted by emilwilkens View Post
    Anyone have some more info on these and how good they are compared to 65C versions? I own a pair, but i dont know how they compare. ��
    I've got a brand new box full of 6S packs, but have not had the opportunity to do anything with them aside from balance and storage charge.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Default Graphene Panther

This was posted on Facebook by a reputable Hobby Shop in the UK Totem Hobbies

An interesting email we had in the shop today from a Chinese car Lipo battery supplier. This obviously applies to other Lipos used in multicopters etc as well.

"Now that RC has moved on to LiPo packs, it seems that marketing has created a lot of confusion and many customers who use LiPos get taken advantage of by marketing gimmicks such as Graphene . We are frequently asked when GPR will have so called Graphene packs , this made us realize that the marketing behind these packs works well as customers want to believe that there is something better available.We decided to purchase various packs from various companies and test them in a way that shows the pack’s data and performance for everyone to see.

Our thoughts on Graphene are as follows. Graphene is supposed to increase the cell’s energy density and performance. All the so-called Graphene packs I tested to date have cells that are the same size and mAh as cells from a few years ago. If Graphene truly was used in these packs we would see an increase in mAh or the same mAh and a smaller size cell/pack, which isn’t the case. If you read up on LiPo studies and what is going on with LiPo technology there are only a few LiPo cells on the market that have Graphene, they just recently came out and based on the size, we tend to believe that they might have Graphene in them but these aren’t RC cells/packs. Samsung, a world leader in smartphones, has millions of dollars invested in battery technology to try and improve the cells they put in their phones. They recently announced that they finally found a way to use Graphene that made for a better cell. If a company like Samsung just figured out how to use Graphene to make better cells what are the chances that RC LiPo factories figured this out close to 2 years ago? In my testing of the Turnigy Graphene RC car hardcase packs I noticed they gave the same data and performance as the Turnigy Ultimate hardcase car packs.Once again this confirms our theory that there is no Graphene used in RC car cells/packs."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by StevenBryant; 03-19-2019 at 03:33 PM.

While I agree there is no proof that Graphene content exists, that Facebook post is filled with so many unscientific assumptions, it's laughable material at best. My purchase decision was based on independent performance data of the original 65C graphene packs from Turnigy as compared to other current manufacturers offerings. The Turnigy packs performed better.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    While I agree there is no proof that Graphene content exists, that Facebook post is filled with so many unscientific assumptions, it's laughable material at best. My purchase decision was based on independent performance data of the original 65C graphene packs from Turnigy as compared to other current manufacturers offerings. The Turnigy packs performed better.
    I should have said I do run Graphene packs in my sport boats but find my SLS pack are better for SAW and racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBryant View Post
    I should have said I do run Graphene packs in my sport boats but find my SLS pack are better for SAW and racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am also in the “boat” of not caring about what is and what is not in the packs, i just want packs with good performance and desent price. :) i try to find some more information about those SLS packs, but so far only Graphene has been working for me even though i have quite limited experience.

Please Steven, let me know how you feel they compare and if the Panthers have any right to be considering by me/us? :)

SLS are still a consideration of mine, i am looking for some more hard data on their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by emilwilkens View Post
    I am also in the “boat” of not caring about what is and what is not in the packs, i just want packs with good performance and desent price. :) i try to find some more information about those SLS packs, but so far only Graphene has been working for me even though i have quite limited experience.

Please Steven, let me know how you feel they compare and if the Panthers have any right to be considering by me/us? :)

SLS are still a consideration of mine, i am looking for some more hard data on their performance.
    Hey Emil, StefansLipoShop.de in Germany make in my opinion the best cells, keep an eye on the website as they have different offers all the time, I recently picked up some real bargains from them. Their shipping is fast, almost as good as OSE.

The Graphene cells are just as good as the standard Turnigy cells, excellent for sport boating, good for racing, not very good for SAW. I Ruined a new Graphene pack on the first SAW run, SLS Quantum perform better, they stay cooler and the IR is lower after the cells have been raced hard. Pound for Pound SLS Quantum perform better for me.

Others I am sure will have had a different experience and will offer their opinions,...

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBryant View Post
    Hey Emil, StefansLipoShop.de in Germany make in my opinion the best cells, keep an eye on the website as they have different offers all the time, I recently picked up some real bargains from them. Their shipping is fast, almost as good as OSE.

The Graphene cells are just as good as the standard Turnigy cells, excellent for sport boating, good for racing, not very good for SAW. I Ruined a new Graphene pack on the first SAW run, SLS Quantum perform better, they stay cooler and the IR is lower after the cells have been raced hard. Pound for Pound SLS Quantum perform better for me.

Others I am sure will have had a different experience and will offer their opinions,...

Thank you very much for your comment Steve. I am fairly new to boating, could you explain why SAW is so much harder than racing. Is SAW the same as speed runs, just very long or how is that?

Since you feel the SLS are much better, is that because they voltage sack is much less and they keep the performance through a long run, perfect for something like going for top speed GPS results?