Thread: Pro Boat UL 19 battery + upgrades

Default Pro Boat UL 19 battery + upgrades

Hey guys! I'm brand new here. I just ordered my first electric boat today, a Pro Boat UL 19. I'm looking for top performance out of this boat right away. Is there a better prop I can install? What batteries should I purchase? Not looking to burn my equipment out, just looking for top performance out of my kit. Thanks very much in advance guys!

I recommend running it stock on 4s. I think you’ll find that the boat is very fast! Why don’t you get your feet wet first before changing parts. Save you some money and you get out on the water quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred86 View Post
    Hey guys! I'm brand new here. I just ordered my first electric boat today, a Pro Boat UL 19. I'm looking for top performance out of this boat right away. Is there a better prop I can install? What batteries should I purchase? Not looking to burn my equipment out, just looking for top performance out of my kit. Thanks very much in advance guys!
    First of all, welcome!

So what do you mean by top performance? Do you have an mph goal or handling or reliability?
    What is your budget?

There are three variables and you can only choose two: speed, reliability and cost.

This info will help us help you.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

As an owner of the UL-1, I concur with what CraigP said. They are plenty fast and loads of fun, right out of the box.

hey guys i am new here too.i am looking at the aquacraft UL1 or the proboat UL19. i know some guys with the UL19 that are having some major overheating issues with melting the connectors off their batteries.is this a common problem with these boats?

I have an UL1, I have not had this issue. But loose connection can cause this and also wire that is not rated for the amperage the motor will pull, can also get hot and melt the insulation.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tetefroid View Post
    I have an UL1, I have not had this issue. But loose connection can cause this and also wire that is not rated for the amperage the motor will pull, can also get hot and melt the insulation.
    Thanks 4 info. I believe the boat in question was running totally stock but on 3s x 2 batteries in series. with a 50c rating. Temps 4 motor and batteries were in the mid 130's. does this boat require extra or at least larger cooling lines? The bullet connectors were upgraded but not the wires. As far as i know the boat has yet to make a full run on the water before connector meltdowns.I am watching this closely as i am on the verge of getting one of these boats. Being new in this game i want to make wise choices.

From what I've read on this forum, if you run on 6S with the stock prop, you are asking for trouble. To run safely on 6S you need to prop down. Take a look at the UL 19 tuning thread under RTR boats.