Thread: FRAUD BEWARE, read if you’ve been contacted by Bartell0044

Default FRAUD BEWARE, read if you’ve been contacted by Bartell0044

I had a new member (bartell0044) contact me about a 7.5 tunnel I was looking for. They knew a guy named Darryl with one for sale and gave me his email (pd968785@gmail.com). Sure enough it was a nice boat, but cheap, they wanted the money through Walmart and asked for my complete shipping address, all on his first email back to me. I asked for bottom pics and I was sent the top of a different boat, once again pressing me to proceed with the deal and for my complete shipping address... seems very sketchy to me, and his emails were not constructed in the same relevance to my questions. If it’s not fraud I apologize, but I’d hate to not express my concern and then someone get ripped off.

Admin: I know you will delete, but I figured this was the quickest and best way to get the message across. Maybe you could leave this up until tonight in case I’m not the only one that (bartell0044) has contacted.

Thanks
    IMPBA 20583

A lot of scammers out there . thank you for the heads up, Admin : plz leave this up for others to read,,

Hard enough to find good competition tunnels as it is, without having to worry about scammers.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

The picture was an HTB360 with 7.5 K&B, just need radio/fuel and go... $235 Shipped, add Walmart fees and send your complete address...

Yeah, I wish it would have been legit.
    IMPBA 20583

I got the same message for a motley crew hull.. daryl sebt pictures of a used hull asking 125 through moneygram.. i refused he just tells me its okay. After reading this im glad i didn't proceed.

Hey Admin, if you have big brother on tap, it would be a good idea to see who Bartell0044 PM’d and warn them of fraudulent activity. Suggest to suspend the account also.
    Thanks for your help, I never thought people would use a hobby like this to scam people.
    IMPBA 20583

That email address Bartell0044 gave you is not registered to her account on OSE
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I googled the email address. 2 days ago someone posted a warning on the Smith & Wesson Forum about a PM like the one I received, and 5 days ago someome on Pirate 4X4 experienced the same.

All of us had a PM saying:
    “Hello Buddy, You listed a WTB ad looking for a __________. Email Darryl pd968785@gmail.com in New York. He has one for sale.“

Can a filter be ran to block any message that contains the email address? pd968785@gmail.com
    Suspend the profile? They’re obviously scammers.

https://www.google.com/search?source...mWEDm8CZ4RU%3D
    IMPBA 20583

I banned user Bartell0044, but that email address is not tied to that account, and i can't block an email without an account.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I banned user Bartell0044, but that email address is not tied to that account, and i can't block an email without an account.
    Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Thanks for taking action, hope they aren’t successful with scamming other sites.
    IMPBA 20583

I got this Private Message LOL... Must of been going thru WTB posts
    "
    Hello Buddy, You listed a WTB ad looking for a Plastic Gear Replacement compatible with the JR DZ8550 Servo. Email Darryl pd968785@gmail.com in New York. He has one for sale.
    "