Thread: Need recommendation on replacing blown cap board on Impulse 31 esc power wires

Default Need recommendation on replacing blown cap board on Impulse 31 esc power wires

Kinda in unfamiliar territory learning about cap boards and ripple current, and hoping to get a little more clear understanding of how they work. Is ripple current basically just an uneven amount of current flowing into the ESC that causes little power surges..posing a danger to the ESC? Or is it some kind of current back flow through the wires?

My buddy's Impulse 31 v3 just blew the cap board that is soldered into the red and black power wires. The two caps that are mounted directly into the ESC are fine though. It's just the cap and small board on the wires that blew.

The stock ESC seems fine. He wants to get a replacement board soldered in and is looking for recommendations. I'm thinking about getting an upgraded cap board as well for my Impulse to try and prevent a similar blow out.

He was running 6S, ... twin 100C packs. They were brand new packs. Before that, he was running twin 50C packs with no problems but def not as fast as the 100C packs.

Would this Castle Creations cap board be a good replacement option? http://offshoreelectrics.com/proddet...as-011-0002-02

Thanks! -Mark
    Last edited by Davey80; 06-16-2018 at 08:46 AM.

That will work. I just installed a set today. I have bought lose caps and made my own too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber Z View Post
    That will work. I just installed a set today. I have bought lose caps and made my own too.
    Great thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk