Thread: Hyperformane TX45 Tunnel

Default Hyperformane TX45 Tunnel

Anyone have experience with the TX45? Thinking about building one, looking for a good 36” size like this if anyone has suggestions. Hyper Bullet 7.5 Leg is the plan.

A6C46618-D317-4EF4-8274-D63ABFACC5F9.jpeg
    Last edited by Insanity Plea; 05-27-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    IMPBA 20583

Or if you can get ahold of Kris Flynn and get a dragon

I came across the leecraft before, but man they’re ugly... trying to stay with fiberglass. Thanks for the info
    IMPBA 20583

3.5 lynx and vision are good

The vision Craft looks pretty good. Do you know if they can be purchased new? I didn’t find them using a google search.
    IMPBA 20583

Try and sweet talk Shawn junker under (vision tunnel boats) on international waters. He makes them but heard he isn't atm

https://www.novarossi.us/collections...g-tunnel-hulls good running tunnel I would build one in a heartbeat

I’ve been trying to get on IW since last night, it doesn’t recognize what I thought was my password and I’m not getting the reset email. Tried starting a new account and can’t get the validation email to go through either. Checked the junk and spam folders with nothing. Do you have an email address I can contact him with?
    IMPBA 20583

The line of ML Boatworks tunnels are available thru PTI Racing. Nice hulls there too. That Tx45 looks good, I was lookin at the smallerTx21, waiting on a CF BBY hull instead.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Yea, the ML boats look great but I’d like to stay away from wood. The Vision Craft that Jim mentioned looked good too, but they aren’t being made at this time.
    IMPBA 20583

I was able to get logged on to IW, Shawn isn’t building visions any longer and competitive glass tunnels are sparse... Except the Leecraft, but I can’t make myself like it... If you hear of a vision 40 for sale, let me know. Thanks
    IMPBA 20583

Did you get ahold of Hyp. to see if they will make you a boat?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Did you get ahold of Hyp. to see if they will make you a boat?

Mark
    If you’re talking about hyperformance, I did talk to him and they have boats in stock. I’m hesitant though because I can only find a little feedback on them and it doesn’t seem to be popular in racing. I haven’t came across any impressive YouTube videos either.
    IMPBA 20583

Aeromarine Predator?, not a lot of quality tunnels to chose from compared to cats an mono's. not enough interest not enough tunnel boats.

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    Pretty impressive, now let’s see it turn! I might have to settle for a wood boat if nothing pops up. PTI is working on a FE glass but not sure when it’ll be on the market.
    IMPBA 20583

Quote Originally Posted by JestDanny View Post
    Aeromarine Predator?, not a lot of quality tunnels to chose from compared to cats an mono's. not enough interest not enough tunnel boats.
    No one is dominating with the predators like they are with some of the other hulls. Even though I’m not racing it, I’ll be pushing it just as hard and want something that’s proven to be a top performer.
    IMPBA 20583

Just curious as to what are the dominant tunnel hulls. The list of available boats still in production seems to be very short. Also what OB lowers are dominating in the 4&6 cell classes? It would be nice to have a resource where one could see the available hulls and lowers to see how they stack up against the competition. Honestly I don't even know what are the true speeds needed to compete in the popular tunnel oval racing classes?

Anyhow what driveline are you going to install on your project? 7.5 Bullet lower? what else? what speeds? I may need this info in case I build a bigger boat. lol I've got 3 running tunnels all under 30" and another on the way.

Very few available that are top performers.
    Wood: Kris Flynn’s Dragon, PTI Racing (glass plans in process)
    Glass: Leecraft

Vision & HTB are no longer in production at this time. The molds seem to change hands overtime and someone will start laying them up again. The vision craft 40 is highly recommended.

K&B is the leg of choice, I think sport running can see the low 60s on 6s. 79-80 for saw but I think that is nitro speed.
    IMPBA 20583

2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Lynx?

He’s got her dialed in! I’m guessing that’s a dragon?
    IMPBA 20583

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Plea View Post
    He’s got her dialed in! I’m guessing that’s a dragon?
    IIRC it is. Darin should confirm, my memory/concentration...what was I talking ab ...Oh look a squirrel..

Regardless, when Darin/Brian construct a boat there's some magic stuff going on way in excess of everyday build techniques.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    when Darin/Brian construct a boat there's some magic stuff going on way in excess of everyday build techniques.
    You got that right, I was reading a thread with experienced tunnel guys talking about working the throttle through the turns... Darin chimes in to let everyone know “I hold mine wide open the entire lap”... I’d jump at the chance to buy his dragon if he ever sold it!
    IMPBA 20583

He just set the record with a lynx.
    https://www.novarossi.us/collections...g-tunnel-hulls

I kn ow that this hull is not the right size (29.5) but I ended up with something like this:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...well-Available!!!
    I am really impressed with how this thing runs and turns.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),