Thread: Most favoured Deltaforce mono ?

Default Most favoured Deltaforce mono ?

Guys, I have noticed there are 2 x different Deltaforce Mono Hulls available which are quite close in measurements. there is the Cyberstorm 32.25 inches long x 9.25 inches beam and the other is a 33.25 inch x 10.25 inch . Both hulls are very simular except for the cowl and the hull measurements mentioned.
    I would like to know which of these 2 hulls is better for P class oval set up racing ?? or any other info would be great.

As I understand it the Cyberstorm is better for rougher water conditions, they have deeper sides & transom also being a narrower hull makes sense as well as it cuts through the rough better.

Roland.
    The Cyberstorm seems to be more popular at our club. The one I built was a great rough water boat as Martin stated.

The DF 33 is an inch wider and an inch longer than the Cyberstorm + the DF 33 has a more gradual deadrise up front which combined with its extra LOA (relative to the Cyberstorm) puts more hull in the water. Plus the DF33 has a ride pad which lifts the hull out of the water at straight ahead running. With a typically muscular full P setup the DF33 would be less freaky to control 'tho the Cyberstorm makes a really nice P-Ltd boat. This is from actual experience BTW
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    The DF 33 is an inch wider and an inch longer than the Cyberstorm + the DF 33 has a more gradual deadrise up front which combined with its extra LOA (relative to the Cyberstorm) puts more hull in the water. Plus the DF33 has a ride pad which lifts the hull out of the water at straight ahead running. With a typically muscular full P setup the DF33 would be less freaky to control 'tho the Cyberstorm makes a really nice P-Ltd boat. This is from actual experience BTW
    THanks Tony. I have both and wasn’t sure which one for which class.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Here's an old P-Mono race in which Tyler's super fast yellow Cyberstorm succumbed to the Legg Lake "gasserwater monster" (see 1:46 in the vid lower right frame) . Mark's Insane 34 was faster than mine (1527 1D) but my trusty 1521 1.5 D powered IB34 (third slowest boat in the heat) took first place. You might still have that very motor Ray . BTW Tyler sold the 'Storm and built a DF33 for P-Mono soon afterwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ixeztr-wE
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

WOW, certainly some quick monos in that race properchopper. so now its either the cyberstorm or the delta 33. i think i could be leaning towards the Delta33. why did Deltaforce build 2 x mono hulls with very close specs ?

That race was from 2011.
    Tony's time was 120 Sec.
    Mark's time for 6 laps was 115 Sec. ( but he hit a buoy and had to do an extra lap)

My record set in 2009 was 100.26 Sec. set with a DF33
    That record stood for 5 years and nobody beat it. ( NAMBA only lets a record stand for 5 years)

The record today is 97.75 Sec.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Larry,

After Tyler (who was leading) belly up'd and Mark got a one-lap buoy slap penalty I thought it was sporting () to re-create the finish of the 2002 Austrian F1 Gran Prix when Reubens Barrichello (in first place after the white flag) pulled over to let teammate Michael Schumacher take the checker. Notice how I pulled over to let teammate Mark pass and just pedaled to the finish (nearly forgetting to do the nitro-inspired one-lap cool-down (now thankfully eliminated). If that's not entirely credible I can probably fabricate another equally implausible excuse Gasserwater ?? Turtle sightings ??
    Last edited by properchopper; 06-14-2018 at 12:30 PM.

would the Pirate 35 hull be good to run on a 4s set up ? or stick with the 33 inch. ??

The Pirate would work on 4s but if you ever get the urge to race it's too long for 4s. 34" max in both organizations.
    Noisy person

I think i will go for the 33 inch Delta as recommended .

In my opinion the cyberstorm is better than the 33.. it’s an all around better handling boat..I’ve had my p cyberstorm at 62mph.. still stable.. my 33 liked to dunk its nose a lot

Go with the Cybersrorm or a Seaducer. Both handle rough water better. The DF33 is a great time trial boat and 2-lap boat but it’s hard to run stable at today’s race speeds.

The AM Titan 33” also runs pretty good..
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Go with the Cybersrorm or a Seaducer. Both handle rough water better. The DF33 is a great time trial boat and 2-lap boat but it’s hard to run stable at today’s race speeds.

The AM Titan 33” also runs pretty good..
    Yes it does..im building a pirate as we speak.. chopped it down to 34”.. it has a deeper vee.. shall see how it goes

Copped nose down
    Attached Images Attached Images