Thread: ETTI 150 settings?

Default ETTI 150 settings?

I ran my Etti 150A (non-bec) controller yesterday in my DF33 on 4S with a 1515/1Y. It ran well, and the motor and ESC were virtually cold after each run (I used an X442 and an M445).

One thing I noticed though, the throttle is not very smooth (used to run a B125 in this boat), and full throttle seems to come in at about 1/2 trigger movement. The water was choppy yesterday, so it made the boat quite difficult to drive. Radio is a Spektrum DX3, and the throttle is set to 125% (I needed 125% to get full power with my Hacker 70, so I assumed this is the same as 100% in other radios).

Is there any way to set the throttle curve or calbrate this controller to match my radio?

Also, what timing should I be running on the 1515/1Y? The setting for 2-4 pole motors seems pretty low, has anyone tried bumping it up on a similar set-up?

Thanks,
    Scott

I haven't heard that issue. Try emailing the manufacturer. http://www.etti.com.hk/contact_us.php
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Have you checked the Throttle parameters? There are two parameters is one set, Calibration (Auto or Manual, step 1 and 2) and Soft/Hard Start (step 3 and 4), It should be on Automatic Throttle Calibration as default value but you never know!!!...
    ...Just an idea!
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T View Post
    I ran my Etti 150A (non-bec) controller yesterday in my DF33 on 4S with a 1515/1Y. It ran well, and the motor and ESC were virtually cold after each run (I used an X442 and an M445).

One thing I noticed though, the throttle is not very smooth (used to run a B125 in this boat), and full throttle seems to come in at about 1/2 trigger movement. The water was choppy yesterday, so it made the boat quite difficult to drive. Radio is a Spektrum DX3, and the throttle is set to 125% (I needed 125% to get full power with my Hacker 70, so I assumed this is the same as 100% in other radios).

Is there any way to set the throttle curve or calbrate this controller to match my radio?

Also, what timing should I be running on the 1515/1Y? The setting for 2-4 pole motors seems pretty low, has anyone tried bumping it up on a similar set-up?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Not positive what you mean as far as calibration, but I think I know what you're talking about..

The speedo seems to calibrate itself in correspondance to the trim settings..
    I've added positive trim, and it will advance it to a point, but if you go too far, it seems to "skip" a step, and calibrate itself where the trim is set..

I've got a dx 3.0 and will run the tests to give you a more accurate answer

As far as timing, I haven't played with it.. I keep timing low on everything (with boats).. Its always given me more torque, and less heat

Got you!
    Could it be that the Soft/Hard Start can cause this behavior? Being in Hard Start mode seems to give a burst or a boost at start???... just another idea!
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

Quote Originally Posted by ED66677 View Post
    Got you!
    Could it be that the Soft/Hard Start can cause this behavior? Being in Hard Start mode seems to give a burst or a boost at start???... just another idea!
    A great idea at that.. The soft start DOES seem to affect it, but I'll test it sometime this week (rain)

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Not positive what you mean as far as calibration, but I think I know what you're talking about..

The speedo seems to calibrate itself in correspondance to the trim settings..
    I've added positive trim, and it will advance it to a point, but if you go too far, it seems to "skip" a step, and calibrate itself where the trim is set..

I've got a dx 3.0 and will run the tests to give you a more accurate answer

As far as timing, I haven't played with it.. I keep timing low on everything (with boats).. Its always given me more torque, and less heat
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Bill, by 'calibration' I mean like the Castle controllers that you manually calibrate. Seems old school, but at least you know the end points are set.

My Hacker 70 self calibrates as well. When I ran it in a new boat, with my DX3 for the first time, the boat ran wet and slow. Didn't know if it was the boat, controller or what. The controller and motor had been very fast in another boat with my KO radio. Once I changed the throttle % on the DX3 from 100% to 125%, the boat ran much faster and the motor sounded more like it did with the KO radio. So I had assumed that with the DX3, you need to dial up 125% on the throttle travel to get the equivalent of 100% on other radios. Now when I use the Etti, 125% seems too much, because the boat is at full power well before the end of the trigger movement. I hope this all makes sense....

I'll play around with the throttle % this weekend and see if I can get the throttle response spread further over the trigger range.

Haven't looked at the hard or soft start options, I left that at default.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T View Post
    Once I changed the throttle % on the DX3 from 100% to 125%, the boat ran much faster and the motor sounded more like it did with the KO radio. So I had assumed that with the DX3, you need to dial up 125% on the throttle travel to get the equivalent of 100% on other radios. Now when I use the Etti, 125% seems too much, because the boat is at full power well before the end of the trigger movement. I hope this all makes sense....
    Scott
    Are you referring to the EPA or the throttle trim percentages? My Futaba 3PM also does not react smoothly with the Etti 150.