Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Proboat blackjack 29. 4s.. 50mph

  1. #1

    Default Proboat blackjack 29. 4s.. 50mph

    Just picked up a proboat blackjack 29. I currently have 2 turnigy heavy duty 4s lipos.

    I'm going to cut the plug off the esc and put my xt 90 on it. Then I have a harness for 2 4s in parallel. Will this work?

    Also how do I make it run 45 or 50mph. What prop?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  2. #2

    Default

    Try an octura m545. Make sure all connectors are properly soldered. I would use 2 2s packs between 5000mah and 6000 mah 50c or greater. If the packs are new never been charged. Charge them to 4.15volts per cell. Do not go 4.2 volts but 4.15 volts per cell.

    This should get you 45 plus on 4s with the stock motor.

  3. #3

    Default

    What MAH are the packs? and what class do you intend to run or are you just playing "sport boating"

  4. #4

    Default

    They are turnigy 5000mah 60-120c packs. 4s.

    Mostly pleasure boating.

    I was reading the octura x642??

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Default

    I personally wouldn't start with much more than a x442. tune it in, make sure the heat is in control. Then bump up in sizes and tune as you go. Bring it out to an admirals race... http://www.indyadmirals.org/. there will be plenty of folks to talk to and you'll see folks running first hand.

  6. #6

    Default

    I'm not really trying to buy a bunch of 50 dollar props.
    I can handle decent speed I had a revolt 30 that did 45 50.

    It's not my first rc or rc boat

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Default

    If you want more speed you need to modify a stock prop such as an Octura x series. at around $15 a prop from O.S.E . you can,t go wrong.

  8. #8

    Default

    Why? Theres 3 different people saying a prop that will make my boat faster..

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jake414 View Post
    Why? Theres 3 different people saying a prop that will make my boat faster..

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Becareful who you get your info from cause it can get expensive. That boat with tolerable temps won't do more than 42-45mph at best on 4s with the stock 3910 motor without burning something up. I would change the motor out to the new 3831. Both my Geico 29 v3 and my Veles 29 will do 55mph on 4s with the new updated Dynamite 3831 replacement motor (while running a dasboata abc prop) all day long with tolerable temps. Also, I wouldn't cut the series plug off either. I would get me an plug to "short out" the extra series plug. Because later down the road you will realize that the (2) 4s packs are too heavy for this boat and will want to run (2)- 2s packs. Good luck with it.
    Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Veles 29 (80mph), TFL Pursuit (76.7mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (69mph), Motley Crew Cat (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), Barbwire XL, Feilun FT011, AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Becareful who you get your info from cause it can get expensive. That boat with tolerable temps won't do more than 42-45mph at best on 4s with the stock 3910 motor without burning something up. I would change the motor out to the new 3831. Both my Geico 29 v3 and my Veles 29 will do 55mph on 4s with the new updated Dynamite 3831 replacement motor (while running a dasboata abc prop) all day long with tolerable temps. Also, I wouldn't cut the series plug off either. I would get me an plug to "short out" the extra series plug. Because later down the road you will realize that the (2) 4s packs are too heavy for this boat and will want to run (2)- 2s packs. Good luck with it.
    I read multiple posts from a thread back when the boat came out on what prop abd they said the one mentioned.

    Can you link me the motor? My boat is the v3 with the 2000kv motor if that matters.

    Already cut the plug had to put my xt90 on it. So now I just plug in my series harness or my parallel.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Becareful who you get your info from cause it can get expensive. That boat with tolerable temps won't do more than 42-45mph at best on 4s with the stock 3910 motor without burning something up. I would change the motor out to the new 3831. Both my Geico 29 v3 and my Veles 29 will do 55mph on 4s with the new updated Dynamite 3831 replacement motor (while running a dasboata abc prop) all day long with tolerable temps. Also, I wouldn't cut the series plug off either. I would get me an plug to "short out" the extra series plug. Because later down the road you will realize that the (2) 4s packs are too heavy for this boat and will want to run (2)- 2s packs. Good luck with it.
    I already cut the plug.. I soldered on one xt90. So now I use my parallel harness or buy a series harness

    I'm looking to do mostly recreational running.

    Can you link me to that motor? When I type in those numbers it brings up a 2000kv motor that mine has.. it's a v3 if that matters?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  12. #12

    Default

    If you just purchased the boat new it is a possibility it already has this motor.

    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=hh-dynm3831
    Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Veles 29 (80mph), TFL Pursuit (76.7mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (69mph), Motley Crew Cat (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), Barbwire XL, Feilun FT011, AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    If you just purchased the boat new it is a possibility it already has this motor.

    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=hh-dynm3831
    It doesnt it has the 3910.

    I kind of just want to run this In the mean time.. what do you suggest for a prop then.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  14. #14

    Default

    A Pro prepped X642 will be low to mid 40's on 2 x 2s lipos. Not sure on the 2 x 4s packs you will be running. The boat will be overworking itself trying to compensate for the added weight. You might have to run (1) 4s pack on the left side.
    Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Veles 29 (80mph), TFL Pursuit (76.7mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (69mph), Motley Crew Cat (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), Barbwire XL, Feilun FT011, AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

  15. #15

    Default

    Wont that mess with how it runs?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jake414 View Post
    Why? Theres 3 different people saying a prop that will make my boat faster..

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    You are getting multiple answers because fast electrics do not follow the laws of mathematics. In many cases one plus one does not equal two. what works on one boat will not directly translate to the same performance on another. The state of charge of the batteries, the size of the connectors, the amount of power loss due heating wiring all contribute to what you see at the propellor.

    When judging a suitable prop diameter and pitch we generally tend to experiment starting with less than what we want as an end point to see what effect the chosen prop has on the rest of the boat's components. You say that you do not wish to buy a bunch of $50.00 props, well think another way is a few props going to exceed the cost of a baked ESC or motor? Also when an ESC fries it can take your new boat with it. Better to err on the side of caution as you choose a new propellor.

    As Roland has already stated you can buy props for less than $20.00 and balance or detongue them to get an idea of what specs you need. You can then purchase a better quality prop with similar specs. Some even experiment with cheap plastic/carbon props when choosing an ideal prop and then purchase a metal prop with the required specs.

    Without the possibility of failure you cannot simply purchase one prop to upgrade your new boat to achieve a specific speed. If you look back over the forum there was one member with a seemingly huge wallet who wanted to buy himself a 100 plus mile per hour boat basically off the shelf. He was not prepared to build up to that speed, he just wanted information on every specific item he needed to reach the magical ton out of the box. Appears that he may not have accepted the advice of the forum as he has been very quiet for some time now.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    You are getting multiple answers because fast electrics do not follow the laws of mathematics. In many cases one plus one does not equal two. what works on one boat will not directly translate to the same performance on another. The state of charge of the batteries, the size of the connectors, the amount of power loss due heating wiring all contribute to what you see at the propellor.

    When judging a suitable prop diameter and pitch we generally tend to experiment starting with less than what we want as an end point to see what effect the chosen prop has on the rest of the boat's components. You say that you do not wish to buy a bunch of $50.00 props, well think another way is a few props going to exceed the cost of a baked ESC or motor? Also when an ESC fries it can take your new boat with it. Better to err on the side of caution as you choose a new propellor.

    As Roland has already stated you can buy props for less than $20.00 and balance or detongue them to get an idea of what specs you need. You can then purchase a better quality prop with similar specs. Some even experiment with cheap plastic/carbon props when choosing an ideal prop and then purchase a metal prop with the required specs.

    Without the possibility of failure you cannot simply purchase one prop to upgrade your new boat to achieve a specific speed. If you look back over the forum there was one member with a seemingly huge wallet who wanted to buy himself a 100 plus mile per hour boat basically off the shelf. He was not prepared to build up to that speed, he just wanted information on every specific item he needed to reach the magical ton out of the box. Appears that he may not have accepted the advice of the forum as he has been very quiet for some time now.
    That's fine. I will slowly build up. I dont want to fry anything.
    There still has been 3 different answers. I'm waiting to see what other people opinions are. Like more than one person to say yes x prop is a good one I agree.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  18. #18

    Default

    You are getting multiple answers because each response is coming from a different point of view based on their experiences. Speed3 recommends a M545 which is a detongued 45 mm 1.5 pitch prop. Possibly a good end point but as a proviso he added makes sure all your connections are solid or you will generate a lot of heat.

    You suggest an X642. 1.6 pitch can be quite aggressive leading to a possible higher amp draw. How big is your ESC?

    Another suggestion was an X442. Most likely a sensible starting point as to obtain a higher speed a lot of testing is needed and purchasing just one specific prop is not going to get you the most out of your boat.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    You are getting multiple answers because each response is coming from a different point of view based on their experiences. Speed3 recommends a M545 which is a detongued 45 mm 1.5 pitch prop. Possibly a good end point but as a proviso he added makes sure all your connections are solid or you will generate a lot of heat.

    You suggest an X642. 1.6 pitch can be quite aggressive leading to a possible higher amp draw. How big is your ESC?

    Another suggestion was an X442. Most likely a sensible starting point as to obtain a higher speed a lot of testing is needed and purchasing just one specific prop is not going to get you the most out of your boat.
    Stock esc. 120a.

    Like I said, I just had read the 642. That is all. It was quite and older thread.



    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  20. #20

    Default

    I just sold my 2 4s packs..

    Should I buy 2s packs or 3s?
    Or I might buy a 2s and 3s and run in series.. I just dont want it to handle weird.

    1 turnigy nanotech 3s 5000mah 45-90c
    1 turnigy nanotech 2s 5000mah 45-90c

    Help..
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jake414; 06-12-2018 at 09:52 AM.

  21. #21

    Default

    I'm going to go with 2 3s packs. 60c 5000mah.
    Going to lower motor timing to 7.5 degrees

    Rafael on here said he did 6s, 7.5degree timing, x440/3 ran 45mph?

    Tell me this is a bad idea or not. I want it to run at a decent temperature too.

    This way I have room to improve and I can run the 3s in my scx10..

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jake414; 06-12-2018 at 10:38 AM.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jake414 View Post
    Rafael on here said he did 6s, 7.5degree timing, x440/3 ran 45mph?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Rafael is off the pace if he said that....That prop and running 6s will net 60mph with tolerable temps with a well set up boat...Below is REDLINE'S Black Jack 29 doing 59/60mph with that setup. I had 60mph runs with with my x440-3 from dasboata as well when I had the old motor in my Geico v3.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRQAMYW_P-4

    Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Veles 29 (80mph), TFL Pursuit (76.7mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (69mph), Motley Crew Cat (47.5mph), H-King Relentless v2 (43mph), Barbwire XL, Feilun FT011, AquaCraft Rescue 17, Atlantic II Tug

  23. #23

    Default

    I'm probably going to buy the batteries and just see where it's at. I want a good 45mph for now running good temps.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jake414 View Post


    Rafael on here said he did 6s, 7.5degree timing, x440/3 ran 45mph?



    i wouldnt run that x440/3 for long .make a pass or 2 and check your temps .its a nice prop but it adds alot of heat to that stock setup .i tried it .on 6s gets way too hot .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •