Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Who sells top quality Carbon fiber cloth?

  1. #1

    Default Who sells top quality Carbon fiber cloth?

    Anyone know where I can find some quality strong carbon fiber cloth...

    Seeing how ebay is cluttered with CF cloth that appears to be 90% china and remaining 10% is probably china junk resellers.

    Would rather spend money on something that isn't fake or of crappy china quality.

  2. Default

    Soller composites is where I get my cf cloths and Aerospace composites is another good source.
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

  3. #3

    Default

    The stuff from Soller composites looks exactly like the stuff HPR uses - at least based on the carbon fiber you can see on the hull

  4. #4

    Default Who sells top quality Carbon fiber cloth?

    Gill, what do you think of these seams I found on a hull... it’s rather thick and heavy, does it mean mostly fiberglass was used for inlays? It’s like this... everywhere.

    Should I maybe throw in some extra Kevlar or 12k CF cloth sandwiches... I just don’t want to go crazy seeing how it’s already pretty heavy. The nose area would probably be most vulnerable in SAW right... seen too many of those before.




  5. Default

    Dmitry I must agree about the ugly work...well reinforcements are always important despite the raise of weight of the hull .I like to use a cf ribbon in these areas...kevlar also works too....usually pays off specially with SAW.
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

  6. #6

    Default

    The front point of sponsons and front of tunnel seams have some sort of caulking that i've noticed my HPR also has. Any ideas what that would be? some sort of high strength rubbery glue?

    I think that might be amongst the first things to reinforce with some heavy cloth

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    la
    Posts
    8,676

    Default

    I get my close from elite motoring on eBay. Top notch quality. Top notch service.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...edirect=mobile
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

  8. #8

    Default

    I also order from Soller. I get different weaves and compositions depending on the application. I've gotten carbon/basalt as well as different weaves of pure carbon and they are all tight and consistent.

    The caulking could be a thickened epoxy paste.

    Image taken from this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c02-H6XNVQ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •