Thread: Mini TFL Zonda Carbon Cat build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mini TFL Zonda Carbon Cat build

I bought this hull from Travis ( kfxguy ) as a bare untouched hull. This would be my first ground up build. I was thinking that this build would take months to complete. However, this horrible New York weather has unfortunately allowed me more free time than I anticipated.
    When I first got the boat in my hands, I have to admit, I was extremely surprised as to how thin this hull was. To me, it looked like it would splinter on the first blow over. So, out came the carbon cloth and epoxy. Travis gave me a few pointers on how to strengthen the transom. I filled the transom about 3/4" with chopped carbon and epoxy. Let it harden in a bucket of water. I poured a couple oz of the same into the tips of the sponsons. Did up a carbon inlay as far forward as I could and up past the seam, right up gunnels. carbon inlay.jpgfilled transom.jpg

Next, as per advice from travis, I drilled and tapped the transom for the rudder mounting bolts. Tapped right into the epoxy and carbon mix. Then mounted the rudder. rudder 2.jpgtransom.jpg

Next came the stuffing tube.
    stuffing tube.jpg
    Last edited by vinnyp; 06-10-2018 at 08:26 PM.