Thread: Three little tunnels

Default Three little tunnels

SAM_3725.jpgSAM_3727.jpgSAM_3729.jpgSAM_3733.jpgSAM_3738.jpg

These are last winters make overs, final paint an set up.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Very nice.... Could you post a couple of pics of the outboards...like to see how you did them...have a Wof tunnel...for my next project....wed

What is it with the outboards do you need to see? I'll try to get a good photo of what you need ta see, and or describe as best I can as to what I got.

Very nice..Thanks...just needed some reference pics...have a K+B lower converted....

Wow...did that turn out nice..!! Have that exact out board on a miss Geico 24.. Have you run it yet..??

No I have not run that outboard as of yet. I had originally set it up with a K&B converted outboard, did not like the weight or the way it handled with that set up. I have not had a chance to get any boats out lately. How does that outboard run on your Geico ? I've got a 26" Shockwave hull I have been thinking of putting that outboard on.

The out board works great...a bit of a pain to set up and tune but.......should work fine on rhe 26..

What is the outboard lower unit bolt pattern on the Vs1?

I really like the look of the weed whacker, what hull and outboard is it?
    Paul "tug Killer" Upton-Taylor, Cat lover.
    FastElectricBoats.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Freediver86 View Post
    What is the outboard lower unit bolt pattern on the Vs1?
    center to center inch an a half wide, center to center 7/8 top to bottom. Its the OSE lower in outboard section.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    I really like the look of the weed whacker, what hull and outboard is it?
    The Weed Wacka (Boston spelling lol) is a little 3.5cc 24" Dumas Hot Shot Sprint. (wood kit) The outboard is a K&B 3.5cc lower with an AquaCraft UL-1 36x56mm 2030 kv motor, under the mini outboard cowl. Seeking 120 amp speedo with a p-215 prop = 46mph gps.

Think I need to change the title to 4 little Tunnels cause I added this to the non racing fleet. It hit the water for the first time last week.

SAM_3882.jpgSAM_3880.jpgSAM_3883.jpgSAM_3885.jpg

Question.
    in the original pic, there are 3 tunnels , viewed from the back. The middle one has ride pads, the outer two have a dihedral type of full. Care to discuss the handling differences between the dihedral had ride pad types in a tunnel?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

The middle boat is a terrible handling boat its a toy, The outer two are 3.5cc nitro race boats converted to FE, the handle great, rail the corners, the VS-1 hull is built for right handers. Back to the middle boat its a 40 year old MRP Seebold Bud Light. Its really not that bad a boat if you don't treat it like a real race boat, it uses a skid fin to aid in turns. I run it on modern electronics, keep it in the mid 20's, probably all it ran back when it was new, it just a fun cool old toy tunnel boat. On a side note I got to see Bill and Mike Seebold race the real Bud Light boats right around the same era when that replica toy hit the ponds. Watching the F1/Champ boats is what got me in to RC tunnels.