Thread: New flier ESC start up

Default New flier ESC start up

Got my new flier 200 amp ESC , down loaded the stuff the guys said to ,had my daughter do the computer stuff and plug it into the computer,so now I’m trying to get it to fire up and all I get is 10 sets of chimes ,8 second delay ,10 sets of chimes again,tried calibration,didn’t help,maybe I need her to try the computer thing again? Help?

Did you get it figured out ?

I should have some time to help figure this out with you. It almost sounds like the ESC did not accept the programming. I have a few new ones here I can try and we can decipher this issue.

Yes ,so the instructions aren’t real clear,and apparently this requires an external BEC,when using one you don’t cut the red wire from the ESC to the radio ,so when messing around I simply touched the red wire back together and the ESC came to life and that answered all my questions,it needs an external BEC and I had cut the red wire ,live and learn ,now I need to get my other 2 back from the factory ,they sent a note that they moved,they do communicate very well and quickly,thanks guys ,

Well that answers the next question I had which ‘is it opto isolated’ ( no built in BEC). You are better without it in all honesty.

That’s what it said ,BEC ( OPTO) I didn’t know what that meant ,now I do ,thanks ,I started putting a BEC in all my boats ,the sea kings ESC have problems on 6 s ,and some of my boats would spaz out and run aground so the forum taught me to just install a BEC and be on the safe side ,just starting to run them now this summer,thanks for the info ,