Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what other electric toys do you have

Default what other electric toys do you have

I picked up a micro heli while I wait for my boat to come in

Here is one of my Fav electric toys
    Team Liquid Dash

You'd have to spin those wee little rotor blades an insane anount of RPM's to get that thing off the ground.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

lol, thats just the flybar, he's got the main rotor blades demounted.

Rex I don't seem to have the moderator controle panel in this section so I cant edit your post.. I will email Steven and get back to you but for now here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok, one could just post pic saying this is... we'll get something figured out thanks.
    rex

I realized that as I hit post...clicked stop but the post still went up....lol. Im a little brain dead latley sorry.

sjfe posted a pic of my toy (thanks sjfe), it is setting on my mean machine hatch.

addenda
    took the heli over to the neighbors, gave her the 30-second ground school then handed her the tx...she didn't break it and managed a pretty good landing! not bad for someone w/ no previous r/c flying experience :-)

I have been playing slot cars with my son
    The local hobby shop has a track and we have been raceing Tuesday nights

I just bought a couple of the ParkZone Parkflyers, the Corsair and the Typhoon 3D.

And this is my serious E-Toy (besides boats):

E-Graphite

Thank God for Pat at RC Lipos!!!!

And no, I clearly do not have a clue how to insert images with a thumbnail!
    Don't get me started

How about a Custom Works carbon fiber sprint car. Nothing like sliding around a dirt track at 50mph with 8 other targets, oops I mean competitors. Tangle with one of these down the straight away and you flip about ten times and take a bite out of your wallet you wont soon forget.

1. ParkZone F4U Corsair
    2. 20+ ho scale DCC engines and 100+ cars
    3. Lionel O scale Polar Express
    4. Tamiya Hummer
    5. Tamiya Tundra (stuck in slow shipping of Christmas)
    6. Axial AX-10
    7. Scale 2.2 Bronco crawler
    8. Scale 1.9 Landrover crawler
    9. Scale 2.2 H2 hummer cralwer
    10. Scale 1.9 Escalade crawler
    11. Losi XXXT
    12. Traxxas Slash
    Some are works in progerss. I can provide pics if needed
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

Bill - great choice on airplanes. I have a Corsair that we stuck a video tx in - lots of fun!

Here are a few more of my toys.

Andy

powered airplanes..gliders..hotliners....jets...helis...mo torcycles..cars...trucks...ornithopters.Rc is a disease and I'm a carrier

Ghost

(thinking of raiding Spot's garage! LOL, J/K)

For the record, if you do get raided, I don't know where you live and it wasn't me (no sarcasm and knocking on wood)

Quote Originally Posted by Spot Me 2 View Post
    1. ParkZone F4U Corsair
    2. 20+ ho scale DCC engines and 100+ cars
    3. Lionel O scale Polar Express
    4. Tamiya Hummer
    5. Tamiya Tundra (stuck in slow shipping of Christmas)
    6. Axial AX-10
    7. Scale 2.2 Bronco crawler
    8. Scale 1.9 Landrover crawler
    9. Scale 2.2 H2 hummer cralwer
    10. Scale 1.9 Escalade crawler
    11. Losi XXXT
    12. Traxxas Slash
    Some are works in progerss. I can provide pics if needed
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    (thinking of raiding Spot's garage! LOL, J/K)

For the record, if you do get raided, I don't know where you live and it wasn't me (no sarcasm and knocking on wood)
    Go ahead and raid the garage. No rc's in there!!! LOL. Watch out for the Rottie though! He has access to the garage

EDIT: (I lied. My buddies 52 inch deep-v gasser is in there)
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

On the left or the right (as I wade through the stuff...and the Rottie) LOL!

Back on topic.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Bill - great choice on airplanes. I have a Corsair that we stuck a video tx in - lots of fun!

Andy
    I also have one of the Typhoon 3D PNP planes. Again, tons of fun. I just ordered a Reactor Bipe and should have that in the air by Christmas!
    Don't get me started

Andy
    It's just a darn shame you have to use the Red box to fly them!! JR - Feel the Difference. Futaba - KNOW the difference!!

Say hey to Johhny D and Peter for me. And Bill Brundle too, even if he is a turbine head. Hopefully they are coming out to the Ontario show next month. How about you? Do they let you out an about for those things??
    Don't get me started

I've got:
    Traxxas Villain IV
    Traxxas Stampede
    Tamiya F150 stadium truck
    1.9/2.2 custom built K5 crawler
    HPI Micro RS4
    Proboat Mini-C on order.
    Current line-up:
    Traxxas Stampede, Traxxas Villain IV EVX2, HPI Micro RS4. NEW: custom built scale rock crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    It's just a darn shame you have to use the Red box to fly them!! JR - Feel the Difference. Futaba - KNOW the difference!!
    My box is orange, silver and black And I'm REAL GLAD I have Model Match. Before we did that, we lost too many planes to having the wrong model selected. Guess Fut guys never make mistakes - unless they leave their airplanes in the sun :D Me, I'd rather not have to buy a tarp to keep my rx cool. I'd rather spend the money on airplanes and boats!

Say hey to Johhny D and Peter for me. And Bill Brundle too, even if he is a turbine head. Hopefully they are coming out to the Ontario show next month. How about you? Do they let you out an about for those things??
    I was at Chicago and have no need to go much of anywhere right now. I plan to be at Toledo, though. I'll tell them you said howdie.

Andy

Default Cool

That is too cool, I use to do that as a kid and we had great fun

Quote Originally Posted by eboat View Post
    I have been playing slot cars with my son
    The local hobby shop has a track and we have been raceing Tuesday nights

My box is orange, silver and black And I'm REAL GLAD I have Model Match. Before we did that, we lost too many planes to having the wrong model selected.
    Ah yes, the radio that couldn't spell straight!! K?

Yes, it is nice to see that JR/Spektrum feels their users are not smart enough to fly on the correct program. People take this as a good thing too. Great marketing!! (says the guy who no longer has a prized TD plane due to a slight "mistake"

Me, I'd rather not have to buy a tarp to keep my rx cool. I'd rather spend the money on airplanes and boats!
    Two words - Brown Out. Nuff said

And so there is no confusion let me add:

Don't get me started

Hey isn't this thread about other electric hobby's? Not a Futaba versus Spektrum Debate. Start that one in another thread so we can talk about the new Spektrum with telemetry!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

OK, I'll go next...

3 Havoc Heli's (for in the house or apartment as it may be)
    5 or 6 Air Hogs/Walmart planes (for me and the nieces or nephews to play with)
    Ricky Carmichael dirt bike (custom and converted to Yamaha blue, decals and all)
    A couple micro-mini cars (1" in size)
    A couple cheap drifter cars
    A couple vintage hovercrafts (one homemade, other Tyco Typhoon original version, not version II)
    Various other B.S. RC cars

I'm sure there's other stuff, but that's mostly what I use. I have various other items that I've worked with (actuating arms for robot, I guess your basic erector set type stuff, only adult versions now, LOL!)

AND of course my boats

I have a passion for the F4U corsair. I bought one many years ago, tried to fly it, it was destroyed in seconds. I gave up on planes, but I still love that one. I decided to combine my passion for boats with this plane.
    I bought a foam GWS corsair and a set of GWS floats. Each float will have a Graupner speed 280 motor in it and a prop. the main propeller will turn, but not enough to get it airborne. I just need to figure out what I can do to stiffen the foam. It's such a soft foam, my fingernail nicked it just holding it. so...

I have an electric Corsair sail plane that will never fly! (under construction)

EDIT: I guess I'm a monogamist, All I have are electric boats, This is going to be a boat dressed up as a plane!
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 12-16-2008 at 08:50 AM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Danny,

I know what you mean about fragile foam on the GWS stuff!

We've had both GWS and Parkzone Corsairs. You won't beat the Parkzone - the GWS is just in a totally different class. It was a lot of fun to fly, but it took a lot of work to get it "right." Get yourself a flight sim (a hobby one, not Micro$oft) to get accustomed to flying and you'll do fine with the Parkzone.

Andy

Does an electric paintball marker count? I have an old SmartParts Shocker. The original version. Its about 10 years old. I used to take my younger brother. Its was collecting dust. But two months ago I bought my boys a couple of electric markers. Man the prices for a good electric marker have dropped sharply.

I'm also a slot car fan since last Christmas. My wife bought my boys a Carrera set and after we set it up in her "fancy" living room, she found out it was about 6'x4' and kicked us out of there. Now I'm in the middle of building a track that will be suspended from my garage ceiling.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I've glued cardstock/20# printer paper to foam w/ white glue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast