Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to cool my esc

If we run the bath or run a shower, we do feel the temp of the water by hand which will indicate from our brain that the water is either cold / warm or hot before we dive in for a wash. Its funny how our brain can be so sensitive just like an electronic temp gauge. we know what Cold is and we should know what Hot is just like a cold beer or a hot cup of coffee. so when guys ask the question such as my motor is running cold we should understand that this temperature is fine and if he should say his motor is running hot we should advise to work on getting it to a cooler temp just like the good old bath tub water.

Quote Originally Posted by rol243 View Post
    If we run the bath or run a shower, we do feel the temp of the water by hand which will indicate from our brain that the water is either cold / warm or hot before we dive in for a wash. Its funny how our brain can be so sensitive just like an electronic temp gauge. we know what Cold is and we should know what Hot is just like a cold beer or a hot cup of coffee. so when guys ask the question such as my motor is running cold we should understand that this temperature is fine and if he should say his motor is running hot we should advise to work on getting it to a cooler temp just like the good old bath tub water.
    Not a bad answer honestly. I don’t always measure temp because I can feel things and tell if they are too hot. If you can rest your hand on the motor or esc and it not become uncomfortable for you, then it’s fine. If it’s hot enough to where you can’t keep your hand on it, I’d say it’s too hot and maybe you should use a temp gun to measure it. This method has worked well for me so far. But I’m no professional. Just a guy.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12