After going through the forums I have learned that my props not being balanced has caused me $ in struts, flex shafts (thought I was "immune" from having to balance them, just like getting copd from smoking lol). So, I started balancing them during these last few weeks.

A couple of questions though:

1) how sharp is too sharp? right know I have them to where you can actually shave the hair off your forearm (like my hunting knives)

2) have a magnetic sharping tool, if I put the prop in one direction on the shaft (balanced blades always come up horizontal) then turn the prop on the balancing shaft (same location as before) its then out of balance. This is without doing working on the prop between switching the prop directions. Done this several times with different props.

Do I do my best to get the best compromise between the 2 directions the prop is on the shaft? or am I doing something wrong in my methodology?
I'm not stupid, but this has me baffled.

I've tried searching for anything about this, but have come up empty handed. Maybe just incorrect wording in the search engine (silly me)

Thanks for any insight,
John