Thread: Motor Beeps, Will Not Spin...

Default Motor Beeps, Will Not Spin...

Hooked everything up tonight, programmed the ESC (OSE Raider 150), linked a new receiver, steering works fine but the motor just twitches and beeps (Leopard 4082 2000kv) repeatedly. Tried reversing the motor leads, different battery packs, but still nothing. I also tried setting the timing from the default 15* to 0*, again nothing. Everything is brand new, never ran! Any ideas?? I'm scratching my head here....

What are the throttle settings on the transmitter? You may need to adjust the throttle trim or reverse the throttle. Does it run if you use full reverse?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    What are the throttle settings on the transmitter? You may need to adjust the throttle trim or reverse the throttle. Does it run if you use full reverse?

Yup, tried reversing the throttle switch, wouldn't run at all with throttle trigger pushed in reverse either way. Motor just beeps and twitches continuously with or with out any throttle input.

try disabling the Low Voltage Cut off. also is the battery pack charged enough??

Did you do the initial throttle cal? From memory, something like.....Hold wide open throttle, connect ESC to power, hear beeps, release to neutral.......done.

A motor twitching sounds like cogging, which is usually a sign of it trying to start up with a phase missing. Likely culprets are a cold solder joint or a dodgy connector in the wires between the ESC and the Motor, an ESC that has been wet or hot and lost a phase bank, a motor that has been mounted with over length screws and one of the screws has shorted a winding, or a motor that has been too hot and shorted a winding.

My first try would be to remove the connectors and hardwire the motor to the ESC.

ESCs often do this when they get wet and sometimes be fine when dried out, but even though the motor may have little or even no load, the motor is effectively stalled, and is likely pulling huge currents so it is very easy to burn up the ESC in this condition, so keep any tests very brief, and if wet dry thoroughly before further testing.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

As a thought, I have found that when the motor just beeps but there is nothing happening then it is usually due to no signal to the esc. Check connectors/ pins for any corrosion or dirt and that they are the right way around. I know it seems silly but I have done it myself a few times....
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Ive had this happen with a bad solder joint from ESC to Motor connectors

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Did you do the initial throttle cal? From memory, something like.....Hold wide open throttle, connect ESC to power, hear beeps, release to neutral.......done.
    That was it!!! I didn't even think of the throttle calibration, a duh moment!! I did exactly that, held the trigger wide open, plugged in the battery pack, it beeped a couple times then the beeping stopped and the throttle works as it should!! Thanks for the replies!!

Great, glad you got it, enjoy.

I had something similar happen on a flycolor 120. Read the directions and sure enough you have to do the initial calibration before it will work.

Ahhhhhh....our pesky little ESC's !!! Can be a handful sometimes!