Thread: IMPBA Nats Spec.classes. How'd they do that??

Default IMPBA Nats Spec.classes. How'd they do that??

Quote Originally Posted by dethow View Post
    So I’ll ask again… What mechanism is in place for the IMPBA BODs to take a P-Limited/Spec motor proposal and set rules for a FE Nationals event without a membership vote?

Like has been said already the BOD had NOTHINGto do with the MMEUs rule set for the P "Spec" classes.

The MMEU put a proposal together to host the Fast Electric Nationals. The BOD accepted via a email vote. The rule set was left up to the host club. Period!

It's very simple David. If you don't like what your club has done perhaps you should take a more active role. And just like ANYONE else on the planet...If you don't like the rules set forth for the Nats. don't attend.

Please take any further questions, comments, or suggestions to your District Director.

Thank you sir,

EDIT: Link to the IMPBA's Race Sanction Application. Please note "List ALL rule deviations you are advertising:" https://nebula.wsimg.com/6f962e08d67...&alloworigin=1
    That should clear things up for almost everyone.
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 05-22-2018 at 07:16 PM. Reason: added link etc....
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Default IMPBA Nats Spec.classes. How'd they do that?? OPEN

Wow! Doug. Big man with moderator powers. open threads and make statements and then close them so no one can respond.

You say:
    "Like has been said already the BOD had NOTHINGto do with the MMEUs rule set for the P "Spec" classes.

The MMEU put a proposal together to host the Fast Electric Nationals. The BOD accepted via a email vote. The rule set was left up to the host club. Period!

It's very simple David. If you don't like what your club has done perhaps you should take a more active role. And just like ANYONE else on the planet...If you don't like the rules set forth for the Nats. don't attend.

Please take any further questions, comments, or suggestions to your District Director.

Thank you sir,"

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Guys, All of the classes offered by the MMEU for the 2018 IMPBA Fast Electric Nationals are "National Championship" classes.

A 36" sail boat class with a maximum sail area of 1.75 square feet would be eligible for "National Championship" if approved by the BOD.

Happy New Year fellas!!

D.
    So if all that above is true then how do two guys and/or one club set rules for a National Event which award "National Championships". What's the mechanism for that?

You guys can demonize me all you want... but the simple truth is that there have been rules made for a national event without a membership vote. I don't care if Terry and Tom did it, or if all of MMEU did, or if the IMPBA BODs did it. Its been done! And IMPBA is sanctioning this event, so no matter what... its been done with the BODs approval.

Call me all the names and keep moving, deleted and closing threads. The truth will still be there.

This all started with a simple question. A question that should have been no problem to answer if all was done on the up and up. But No... I've been attacked and demonized once again...
    "Good Ol' Boys Club" FOR SURE. You guys keep proving that point over and over.
    Have fun with that....

And why don't you ask these IMPBA member(s) whom are bashing NAMBA to take any further questions, comments, or suggestions to their District Director?

NAMBA rules were followed and the membership spoke. But yet those individuals are just allowed to go on and on and start talking about how NAMBA is dead East of California. Standing on some pedestal like IMPBA is this holy then thou organization. What's going on right now is far worse. At least NAMBA follows their own rules. Like them or not, they were followed. Can't say that for IMPBA.

Your bias and conflict of interest is overwhelming Doug. Someone really needs to stop you.
    Have fun with that....

There was a reason I closed the thread David. Forum members are sick and tired of your rants!

Not a single member has voiced concern about any NAMBA bashing nor have WE seen anything that we've considered bashing or it would have been handled.

Going to close this one too David.

If the administrator thinks I did so in error he'll smack my hand and open it back up.

Good grief man!
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 05-21-2018 at 07:01 PM.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Doug is in no way abusing his Moderator status. Member bashing also applies to the Mods, so please show respect...

This thread is closed to discussions
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .