Thread: AquaCraft UL-1 Superior FE Hydro RTR 2.4GHz

Default AquaCraft UL-1 Superior FE Hydro RTR 2.4GHz

Has anyone run one of the new AquaCraft UL-1 Superior FE Hydro RTR, and gotten a speed reading? Curious to see how fast you could go out of a box nowadays.

Tom
    Titan 29...GONE, team believer...GONE, mean machine...GONE

Cool

Since they just started shipping this week not many have them yet. The one I saw run in LA last October ran in the low 40s dead stock. Prop and strut changes increased the usable speed a few more mph. For 30 seconds of use a huge prop was mounted and the boat made an official 2-way average speed of 65 mph.....that was not a useful setup but it proved what "could" happen. The boat is awesome for the cost and quality, IMO anyway.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum.

Low 40's out of the box......Hmmmmmmmm. Sounds like an interesting project. But then why not just buy a hull if we're going to change most of the important parts anyway. Sounds like a great starter boat, for someone getting into the hobby. Fast and reasonably priced. Thanks for the reply.

Tom
    Titan 29...GONE, team believer...GONE, mean machine...GONE

Cool

It isn't just a starter boat. Our club has members who have been in the hobby for many years, and we are using the UL-1 - and similarly powered hydros - as a club Limited Spec Hydro class. With a slight prop upgrade they should run mid-40s and provide some excellent close racing, where winning is not a matter of having the deepest pockets.

Default what batteries ?

Let's just say, hypothetically , ahem, that I'm setting up a white [whoops ] Ul-1 for heat racing , and need the optimum battery setup. What mah capacity would give the best combination of capacity/weight (CG} balance considerations ? I have a set of Elite 2S 4800's for my LSO setup; would they be too heavy in the UL-1 for CG reasons ?
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I have a set of Elite 2S 4800's for my LSO setup; would they be too heavy in the UL-1 for CG reasons ?
    I wouldn't think so... Put them in and go nuts!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Cool

To me, the driver will be the prop you will use. The less aggressive the prop, the less weight will be needed. If you are running a big prop and have speeds near 50 then the added weight of larger cell capacity may be helpful. Of course, LiPos are a pretty expensive way to add weight!

Brian ran 65 mph with a single 4S/4500mAh Elite pack on the left side. But he had one heck of a prop to spin. I can't see a problem with four 4800 cells in saddle configuration.

Default A little blueprinting here !

A few QC issues. The motor-to- motor mount screws were stripped and loose. Re-tapped a scoshe larger; had to watch tap depth to not contact coils [ a few turns on the tap; grind the tip down, few more turns, grind...].
    Motor was aligned higher than tube; tweak,tweak the motor mount.. Flex shaft end was soldered but rough where it entered tube, could eat up the teflon some.. Sand, sand ! That's as far as I've got so far.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Default Yipiee !!

Driveline done. Leaving strut as shipped. Plugged in batts; beep, beep, etc. Roar !! Man this is gonna be fun :rockon:

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Driveline done. Leaving strut as shipped. Plugged in batts; beep, beep, etc. Roar !! Man this is gonna be fun :rockon:
    I just get to look at the box for now - can't wait for Christmas to get here.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12