Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC or ABC Prop

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    a 1.8 or 1.9 pitch ratio prop is not the prop to get be careful who you listen to it can get expensive
    Point taken

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreek View Post
    That's what i am talking about love it
    What kv motors are they?
    It took me three years of tweaking and tuning to get it there. This vid was the fourth year while trying to better the 116mph. All summer and only made 117.5. All on 47mm props.

Kv is 1020 on 12s

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    It took me three years of tweaking and tuning to get it there. This vid was the fourth year while trying to better the 116mph. All summer and only made 117.5. All on 47mm props.

Kv is 1020 on 12s
    12S

12S
    Yup, alotta juice, alotta power, alotta weight. Not sure if it will make it back this season but it will be back. I have modified the sponsons. Just need to finish them up.
    Just start out easy and work your way up. It is a pretty dangerous missile and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Yup, alotta juice, alotta power, alotta weight. Not sure if it will make it back this season but it will be back. I have modified the sponsons. Just need to finish them up.
    Just start out easy and work your way up. It is a pretty dangerous missile and shouldn’t be taken lightly.
    What happened to the sponsons ?
    I understand, learned that with my 144mph Slash 4x4

What happened to the sponsons ?
    I understand, learned that with my 144mph Slash 4x4
    I chewed them up a bit when it bounced off a log before it speared the embankment right at the end of that vid. They were modified right from the get go.

I chewed them up a bit when it bounced off a log before it speared the embankment right at the end of that vid. They were modified right from the get go.
    Wow, i hope there wasn't much damage

Wow, i hope there wasn't much damage
    Some but nothing structural. Killed a pair of 1917’s from Brian (that hurt). Just elbow grease otherwise. A few more hours on it and it’ll be back.

Some but nothing structural. Killed a pair of 1917’s from Brian (that hurt). Just elbow grease otherwise. A few more hours on it and it’ll be back.
    Wow, Yes that would of hurt

I thought I'd chime in since my name got mentioned a few times LOL. Too many people often make the mistake of buying props thinking they will work on any given setup. For those of us that have been around for a little while, we all know its far from reality. So lets be realistic for few, and lets take it down to ground level with no offence meant what so ever. I say this a lot of times, not to be disrespectful or wanting to say anything bad, BUT if you have to ask how to go fast, then you are 100% not ready to do so! "no if buts or maybe's". going fast is not just hitting the throttle and wait for it to happen, because it wont. Boats behave differently or should I say builds as well, what works on one don't work on the other and so on. There is only one common rule, and that's the starting point. What we do first, and from then on its trial and error. The better you get, the less guessing you have to do, but if you are new to boating, or new to certain types of boats, you have to hold back a little and try something safe. Its hard to understand at first, but its the way it works, and its the way it will always work. Say I have a 120mph capable boat. I would never attempt to run/hit that speed in the first many runs, because I simply don't know what the boat would do first up (may have an idea). There is no margin for error if you aim that high and chances you get it right first up are slim. (Excluding the very high end boating guys that run everyday) But the reality is, start conservative and know your boat, step it up slowly and make sure every component can handle the stress of going faster, then push a little more every time, but make you runs short and monitor everything all the time. Invest in common props, from small to big and test in that order. When there is still more to give, invest in modified high end custom props, with added pitch, cut this way or the other, and so on. But that's the last resort where your boat is almost a the "perfect point" The moral of the story? Learn to crawl before you can walk, that's the usual the way of life "and things"
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Nicely put see you soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12