Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini rigger

Default Mini rigger

I know it's a throw in the dark but I'm LOOKING FOR/ LOOKING TO BUY. a mini rigger anything EXCEPT a jae MINI SPRINT OR A KEPPS MINI....hoping to find a mini renegade or another type mini rigger LOOKING for something different from what everyone has already....WHATS OUR THERE?

Are you still after a kit to build as a project? If so the only other one I know of is the fast4ward rigger from RBCKits and while it looks good on video I haven't seen one run to know how good it is.

If you will settle for a moulded hull there are more options. The best out there at the moment is the Rasch Exe05, there is also ETTI's mini Outcast and mini Angel, Ecomaster.torgg's mini hydro, Doctorprop's L450, Rasch's Mini Mongoose, Hydro&Marine's Mini Me, and Tenshock's Mini Starship (not recommended).
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

My man

60F9A6EC-87CF-4A7D-A129-28E211B3523D.jpgE5B3F000-E745-40AF-AF1F-94F2874C3550.jpgI have a couple. Here is your mini renegade and a new complete Jae that you said you don’t want but just wanted to let you know I have it. Allen

0DDB739A-BC82-476B-B8AD-85DE8FDAADA0.jpgD9BBC5B5-23D3-4FB3-9DBD-58380D0C2236.jpgI have two new Rasch riggers complete but have not built them. An Eco and Hydro 1 I believe is the European classes. I spent a small fortune to get them. I will have to check but I remember paying something like $850 for the two of them shipped from Germany with all the parts to build.

You are a God send

For clarity those are the Rasch Mongoose, just a couple of years ago they were some of the best riggers out there, probably the best in calm water conditions, and if you are not racing as I suspect you aren't from your location, I am sure you will love it.

If you are racing or have the budget Rasch's newer Exe05 is definitely a better boat in all conditions, but especially in the chop. It also has the advantage of being buildable to be selfrighting.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post

Rasch's newer Exe05 is definitely a better boat in all conditions, but especially in the chop. It also has the advantage of being buildable to be selfrighting.
    A self righting riger?? This is what I have been looking for!!
    Is there info on this?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Many of the latest Mini Hydros and Hydro 1s to come out are designed to allow self righting, the majority of them use a rear flood chamber to achieve it.

I can't find a video if the Exe05 specifically, but here is an ETTI outcast which does it in the same way.

Kacordy
    Do you still have the Renegade available? If so, how much are you looking to get?
    Greg
    Last edited by G1ST; 06-21-2018 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Addressing Kacordy

I do, but let me follow-up with the first guy that just asked for it. Allen

Fair enough Allen.
    Let me know.

Greg

Remember Rule #6, all transactions must be carried out on the forum, NOT in private messages.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Absolutely. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I know the rules.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Many of the latest Mini Hydros and Hydro 1s to come out are designed to allow self righting, the majority of them use a rear flood chamber to achieve it.

I can't find a video if the Exe05 specifically, but here is an ETTI outcast which does it in the sameBob
    Paul,
    That's pretty cool. I never thought of riggers being able to be self righting. Do you know where I could find more info and perhaps pictures on how to do that? I have a couple of smaller riggers that I would love to have self righting.
    Regards,
    Bob

Mitch,
    Mike over at ML Boatworks makes a kit for a really nice 24" rigger. It's called the RSX 240. In my opinion it's one of the nicest looking ones out there.
    Bob

Mitch,
    Mike over at ML Boatworks makes a kit for a really nice 24" rigger. It's called the RSX 240. In my opinion it's one of the nicest looking ones out there.
    Bob

For a tail sinking self righting rigger you need fairly form fitting tub, with a flood chamber at the rear big enough to sink the tail vertically, and very well designed sponsons.
    For it to right itself you need to keep the weight as low in the tub as possible, and have sponsons with most of their buoyancy above the CoG, the further back on the sponsons the bouyancy is, the better the launch angle is once it has past vertical, but also the harder it is to sink the tail to vertical in the first place, so there is a fine balancing act.

Alternatively you can have a tub with a low CoG again, but a much less form fitting rounded top and no buoyancy at all in the sponsons, to self right by rolling sideways like mono.

I have also seen a fairly normal looking full size 4s rigger, with a car headlight washer pump in one sponson, at rest, that sponson sinks a little due to the extra weight in it and switching the pump on gives it enough thrust to lift the other sponson out of the water and roll it over. It is far from ideal as it adds a fair bit of weight, but as far as I know the only way to convert an existing rigger to self righting. Probably couldn't do it with cheap and available scrapyard parts for a rigger much under 30" though.

Paul,
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like too much to retro fit an existing boat. I'll keep in mind for a new build down the road. Thanks for the quick response. Sorry to pirate the thread. I had to ask.
    Regards,
    Bob

Paul,
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like too much to retro fit an existing boat. I'll keep in mind for a new build down the road. Thanks for the quick response. Sorry to pirate the thread. I had to ask.
    Regards,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    I do, but let me follow-up with the first guy that just asked for it. Allen
    Hi Allen.
    Any update?

Greg

Hello Greg, I still have the Rigger. Let me give Mitch one more shot. Allen

It's all good.
    Let me know.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Stinson68 View Post
    I know it's a throw in the dark but I'm LOOKING FOR/ LOOKING TO BUY. a mini rigger anything EXCEPT a jae MINI SPRINT OR A KEPPS MINI....hoping to find a mini renegade or another type mini rigger LOOKING for something different from what everyone has already....WHATS OUR THERE?
    Are you still looking?
    I have a bare wooden hull I would pass along for shipping cost.
    Let me know and I’ll post pictures.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Hi Allen,
    Have you heard anything?

Greg

Greg, I have not heard back from Mitch. I have the Renegade and a brand new complete Jae mini-sprint. $60 for the renegade shipped and $150 for the Jae shipped. I also have 3 new, 3 used 2s and 3s packs $60 shipped. I have a bunch of props and miscellaneous hardware I will post when I get back. Pictures of Riggers in an earlier post. I will not be able to ship for a couple week until I get home. Allen

Greg, I have not heard back from Mitch. I have the Renegade and a brand new complete Jae mini-sprint. $60 for the renegade shipped and $150 for the Jae shipped. I also have 3 new, 3 used 2s and 3s packs $60 shipped. I have a bunch of props and miscellaneous hardware I will post when I get back. Pictures of Riggers in an earlier post. I will not be able to ship for a couple week until I get home. Allen
    Thanks Allen,
    Consider the Renegade sold. Let's talk about the props and other hardware when you get home. PM Paypal info if you would like me to pay for the Renegade now.

Greg

Greg, I have you covered. I will contact you when I get back to town from vacation. I’m headed to one of Europe’s largest RC Power Boat events. Go to YouTube and watch the videos, Heilbronn RC Boats. Amazing hardware. Also going to the Hochenhiemring to watch the F-1 cars at the German Grand Prix. Allen

Greg, So-Cal or Nor-Cal, Allen

Greg, I have you covered. I will contact you when I get back to town from vacation. I’m headed to one of Europe’s largest RC Power Boat events. Go to YouTube and watch the videos, Heilbronn RC Boats. Amazing hardware. Also going to the Hochenhiemring to watch the F-1 cars at the German Grand Prix. Allen
    Incredible. I'll definitely check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast