I know that twin installs are generally "frowned upon" as causing too much drag to gain any real benefit over a single shaft install plus issues when cornering loading up the inner prop, however, the tinkerer in me likes the mechanical aspect of installing twin drives. I have a spare Pursuit hull to play with. My son has the following motor, a TP Pro Comp 2940 7Y 1790kv in a 26" Flowmaster and even with a relatively minor prop upgrade and running 6s it has been GPS timed at 93 klm/hr at its last outing with more to come.

I could install a 40 series TP motor with 180 amp Turnigy T3 180 amp ESC running on 6s though say a 45 mm prop or for similar money I could install two TP Pro Comp 2940 7Y 1790kv motors running 6s with Turnigy 120 amp ESC running 40 mm props (most likely not contra-rotating due their close proximity to each other). If contra-rotating props would torque roll and chine walking be minimised, please?

Would a smaller motor twin install just introduce complexity to the build or could it have any advantages over a single install other than just satisfying my own want for a twin install hull, please? Reduced cornering speed is not an issue for me.