Thread: Garmin fortrex 301 gps reading's ?

Default Garmin fortrex 301 gps reading's ?

Hi all i have run my 4s powered JAE all summer with gps readings of 58-60 mph last week after 1 run i check the gps it shows 64.6 mph i changed nothing on the boat and the blue Turnigy lipo's have about 35 cycles on them. How would the 4-6 mph speed be explained ? Regards Andris Golts.

Are you just doing one straight run and bringing it back in? I have had crazy ( more that 10mph ) gosh readings in the past that I just dismiss. A hop in a turn where the boat and prop come out of the water can cause a sudden acceleration and throw off the reading.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Team Liquid Dash

Hi Raydee im running ovals for about 2 minutes and the water was pretty choppy . Thanks for your reply. Regards Andris Golts.

water conditions can affect stuff for sure. water with some slight chop is faster than smooth water in my experience.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Best way to verify the accuracy of your readings is repeat some passes on flat water and see the results......I've been using a Stalker radar to compare gps readings and some times there is a difference of 5 mphs so I do not bother with gosh readings as all of this is to have an idea of how my boat performs. Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

I have three 301's and they all show the same mph very accurate, there my favourite gps and the batteries last a long time before another charge

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    Best way to verify the accuracy of your readings is repeat some passes on flat water and see the results......I've been using a Stalker radar to compare gps readings and some times there is a difference of 5 mphs so I do not bother with gosh readings as all of this is to have an idea of how my boat performs. Gill
    I was looking into a Stalker 2 radar gun, until I seen the price. I'll roll the dice with the Garmin Edge 20.