Thread: I have a 2200kv Castle motor... what to do with it????

Default I have a 2200kv Castle motor... what to do with it????

I'm looking to build a boat, I have a castle 2200KV 40x76 4 pole motor that came out of an 8th scale truck that is free to be used, Any suggestions on hull, hardware, ext? Kinda looking to do this a learning build. Currently have a Kyosho JS 800, custom built 24"ish shovel nose brushless hydro 2400kv on 14v, and a near stock Blast, and Kyosho Viper that is in needs a little work.

any suggestions will be helpful!

This is a nice motor for the Jae Fe 33" from Zippkits...they have all you need .Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

A nice Pursuit V hull would be ideal. Or a catamaran in the 29-32” range. Or as Gill said, a outrigger if hydro style is appealing

Shawn

I have mine inn a Delta force 35 and love it!
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Just be aware. This motor is a speedo gobbling monster. Start small with props no matter where you put the motor.
    Noisy person

You are correct on that! Started with a 445 and almost burnt the prop off in 3 min! Put a 545 and it flew to where I found out I have to move the weight up front more! I see the potential as I tune it in but it will be tricky for a while. I just need more time,and this will be a ball!
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.