Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central RC Marine 44" Unlimited 44

Default Central RC Marine 44" Unlimited 44

From what I can tell from the pictures the Central RC Marine Unlimited 44 has an interesting bottom. It looks like it has multiple steps like a Cat and a large overhang at the rear. Does anyone have experience with one of these?
    https://shop.centralrcmarine.com/44-Unlimited-44-60.htm
    Dumas Air Boat OS 25 nitro, Dumas Air Boat Brushless, Midwest Lobster Boat, AQ Lucas Oil Cat, Dumas Hot Shot IV Proboat outboard, Delta Force Cyber Storm 33

A nice looking multi stepped offshore mono hull designed for stinger drive / s . i would say this hull would perform quite well when set up right.

it looks very similar to my crm 70” fountain. my hull is a rocket ship. very good in big waves

I came across thier site a few days after I brought my Shockwave 26 home.. After i tinker with the SW theres a pretty good chance that that will be my next boat purchase/build. Def caught my eye.

Does anyone on the forum own this hull? I’m looking for Info. Want to try a Castle 2028 extreme I have lying around in this hull on 10s.

The outerlimits hull from CRC is definitely a looker. That Castle 2028 should do well. A lot of people run that motor in larger 45ish inch mono hulls.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I have one on order! Was supposed to have shipped early last week although, apparently still isn’t done. Can’t wait to see it in person.

I ordered it with carbon fiber inlays on the bottom and the top deck.

Unfortunately, I may be selling it as soon as it gets here. I was going to be putting the TFL stern drives on it however I’ve been informed that I’m crazy.

Is a perfect size and has absolutely beautiful lines. I really wanted a smaller outerlimits hull with drives on it and this looked really appetizing. If I could return my drives I’d keep the hull but no go.

Can’t wait to see what people do with this hull. There is a really bad video on YouTube of a guy testing one. From what I can tell it looks like it performs really well and doesn’t bounce in the turns like a lot of these hulls do.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    The outerlimits hull from CRC is definitely a looker. That Castle 2028 should do well. A lot of people run that motor in larger 45ish inch mono hulls.
    Yes it is a proven combo in big monos on 10s. I have seen it on 10s in a CRC Fountain which is 58”x13”. That’s a much bigger hull. However this boat is actually only 39”x9” once you subtract the overhang. When I messaged CRC they recommended a leopard 4082 1600kv. That’s a far cry from a 2028. Plus the added weight of running 10s So still not exactly what to do motor wise. I do have a Swordfish 300 already. Looks like a tp 5650 1083kv running 8s might be the way to go. Was really hoping someone else would be the Guine Pig lol

Quote Originally Posted by lavish62 View Post
    I have one on order! Was supposed to have shipped early last week although, apparently still isn’t done. Can’t wait to see it in person.

I ordered it with carbon fiber inlays on the bottom and the top deck.

Unfortunately, I may be selling it as soon as it gets here. I was going to be putting the TFL stern drives on it however I’ve been informed that I’m crazy.

Is a perfect size and has absolutely beautiful lines. I really wanted a smaller outerlimits hull with drives on it and this looked really appetizing. If I could return my drives I’d keep the hull but no go.

Can’t wait to see what people do with this hull. There is a really bad video on YouTube of a guy testing one. From what I can tell it looks like it performs really well and doesn’t bounce in the turns like a lot of these hulls do.
    I would be happy to help you out of your dilemma if you decide to sell it let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Hi8iS View Post
    I would be happy to help you out of your dilemma if you decide to sell it let me know
    I will absolutely let you know as soon as I figure it out in the next week or so.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lavish62 View Post
    I will absolutely let you know as soon as I figure it out in the next week or so.

Cheers
    Please do! I’m subscribed to the thread. Can’t wait to see some pics of it when you get it.

Please do! I’m subscribed to the thread. Can’t wait to see some pics of it when you get it.
    Apparently, it did in fact ship today.

Super excited to get it here soon!

I built the first one for testing, it was a bit extreme, 5692 1090kv 12S 240SF X447, here's a video of first run before I moved the drive over 3/16" to the right on the transom. The reason for the drive move was to help offset the torque roll problem I was having with it. It helped the issue. I have since dissembled the boat and I am doing a twin version of it over the winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG6yG8h2mdo
    Last edited by Hotrods; 10-29-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrods View Post
    I built the first one for testing, it was a bit extreme, 5692 1090kv 12S 240SF X447, here's a video of first run before I moved the drive over 3/16" to the right on the transom.

Nice video. What are your initial thoughts?

I revised my original post. It's a drivers boat, and a good setup in my opinion would be something around 4060 TP or 4092 Leopard around 1500KV range 6S.

I revised my original post. It's a drivers boat, and a good setup in my opinion would be something around 4060 TP or 4092 Leopard around 1500KV range 6S.
    That seems like a very usable setup for most.

I built the first one for testing, it was a bit extreme, 5692 1090kv 12S 240SF X447, here's a video of first run before I moved the drive over 3/16" to the right on the transom. The reason for the drive move was to help offset the torque roll problem I was having with it. It helped the issue. I have since dissembled the boat and I am doing a twin version of it over the winter.

Hey man, can I PM you to talk about the 59" MTI you built? I just got one from Rick with a complete carbon interior. Would like to discuss a power option. Thanks!

Aaron, Can't wait to see it setup as a twin. Let's talk about that hardware for the single though...

PART_1540846950157_image000000.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Sure no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    Hey man, can I PM you to talk about the 59" MTI you built? I just got one from Rick with a complete carbon interior. Would like to discuss a power option. Thanks!

What would you like to know about the single?
    Aaron, Can't wait to see it setup as a twin. Let's talk about that hardware for the single though...

PART_1540846950157_image000000.jpg

What would you like to know about the single?
    what's the wetted hull length on the CRC hull? Curious if it's a fair comparison to mine in terms of planning the setup. How fast were you running on 12S as a single? 3/16" flex? What rudder and stinger were you running?

Thanks a lot for sharing this information! Been trying to gather information on this boat for awhile. Right now I’m leaning towards a TP Power 5650 8D 1290kv running on 8s. What setup did you plan on trying when you rebuild it as a twin?

I am not 100% sure on the wetted hull length, but with a 4" overhang, I would say around 32" I never clocked the speed, but it would be around 78-80 mph using the X447 prop in the video if i had to guess. I started with a 1/4 drive and then switched to 3/16 drive in order to get the drive over to the right where I wanted. The trim tabs were in the way keeping me from using the 1/4 drive. I never got a video of it but before i snapped the 3/16" flex using the a X457 prop. I am sure you can image it was significantly faster! Lol. The pictures showing a speedmaster 4" extension rudder setup. I hope that helps you some......

what's the wetted hull length on the CRC hull? Curious if it's a fair comparison to mine in terms of planning the setup. How fast were you running on 12S as a single? 3/16" flex? What rudder and stinger were you running?

I wasn't going to tell anyone until i was finished but.....what the hell.

I am going to use a pair of MBP smart drives, with drive supports coming off the of a 5" extension speed master rudder on a push/pull setup. I have two different ideas on power -

1. A pair of 4035 Outrunners 800KV on 10S swinging around 57mm props 240SF ESC's.
    2. A pair of 4070 TP's in the 2000KV range on 5S 240 ESC's 47-50mm props

I am kind of leaning towards the Outrunners just because it sooo different from everything else these days and the sound would be off the charts. So we will have to wait and see what happens over the winter, and if for some reason I want to switch them out to the 4070's, the switch would be extremely easy.

Thanks a lot for sharing this information! Been trying to gather information on this boat for awhile. Right now I’m leaning towards a TP Power 5650 8D 1290kv running on 8s. What setup did you plan on trying when you rebuild it as a twin?

That sounds awesome! Would love to see you do a build thread of the boat over the winter. I totally agree twin outrunners would sound amazing!

Mine will be listed probably Monday when I receive the shipment from crc.

Super bummed I can’t build it... I already have motors and drives that won’t fit this hull.

Pm if interested and I’ll send pictures as soon as I receive it.

Looking forward to seeing some build threads on these.

Sent you a pm Hotrods

Finally received her. And, she is beautiful!

Thinking I may have to keep her and make this my next build instead of the scale build I was planning.

you are powerless against the SV43.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast