Thread: Swordfish data logger help

Default Swordfish data logger help

I downloaded the software for the Swordfish ESc, but I keep getting a message saying to select a port. It lists 8 ports. I tried them all, and just keep getting error messages saying "wrong port". Can anybody help?

Thanks,
    Fred

What model esc do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by fred685 View Post
    I downloaded the software for the Swordfish ESc, but I keep getting a message saying to select a port. It lists 8 ports. I tried them all, and just keep getting error messages saying "wrong port". Can anybody help?

Thanks,
    Fred
    Have you checked your Device Manager to see which port the software is on? You need to select that port.

Yes, but my device manager doesn't show anything about com ports.

Did you get it figured out? What model Swordfish is it?

Run the program as Administrator

I am on com port 4 and it recognizes the ESC and I can set parameters, log set up, gear and number of poles. I am running as administrator. When I click download log the blue bar advances and finally says
    C:\program files (x86)HiFei V6.0\2018-10-29.0.dat was not found.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickZERO View Post
    I am on com port 4 and it recognizes the ESC and I can set parameters, log set up, gear and number of poles. I am running as administrator. When I click download log the blue bar advances and finally says
    I have one working but still no data retrieved.
    Any ideas how to get the data?

Sorry, I thought I said. They are the Swordfish X+ 220A

Hi Bret,

The software will not complete the download process without being run in Administrator mode. So put your mouse pointer on the shortcut, then left click and choose "run as administrator". It will complete and display the graphs.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I plug in the wire from the esc to the computer. I right click the desktop icon and select "run as administrator." A pop up says: "Do you want to allow this app from and unknown publisher make changes to your device?" I click "Yes". Then the software opens up. I click open device and in a couple seconds it displays the esc in the rectangular window on the bottom. From there I can change the parameter setting.
    I click "Show the record". No esc is shown in the white rectangular box. I click "Open device". After a few seconds the white box still shows no esc. (It show it on the first screen as I said above). I click "Upload record data" anyway. A little blue bar advances from left to right. Sometimes quick and sometimes real slow. Then pops up
    Note: Unless I run as administrator it won't let me set the parameters.

on the logger configuration screen did you set the ESC to record at "X"per second intervals? I think I remember a few having no default set and thus nothing was recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    on the logger configuration screen did you set the ESC to record at "X"per second intervals? I think I remember a few having no default set and thus nothing was recorded.
    Yes, actually tried a couple different settings.

I am having issues with mine also. The esc does not seem to register at all. I dont have all the boxes on the screen either. I cannot click to go to parameter settings. To even get to the parameter settings i need to hit tab a few times and then enter. I have run the program as administrator also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlocky View Post
    I am having issues with mine also. The esc does not seem to register at all. I dont have all the boxes on the screen either. I cannot click to go to parameter settings. To even get to the parameter settings i need to hit tab a few times and then enter. I have run the program as administrator also.
    I plug in the wire from the esc to the computer. I right click the desktop icon and select "run as administrator." A pop up says: "Do you want to allow this app from and unknown publisher make changes to your device?" I click "Yes". Then the software opens up. Then I click on the options across the top and nothing happens!!! This is very frustrating. I down loaded the software from the included disk and have been trying to make it work as Administrator. NOTHING...any more suggestions?

Default a fix to most issues with this esc

n #1 download may have been errored its a r.a.r file has to be OPENED WITH A RAR UNZIPPER

ALLL OF THIS ADMINIS. TALK may be at best a 20% solution

please try this buy a new programing cable so far that is a fix the cable is a p.o.s. just try it!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to the cable example.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ight=ESC+cable