Thread: Proboat river jet..?

Default Proboat river jet..?

Whats everyones .02 on this boat?
    There is a river by me and my roommate and I were thinking about getting two.

It seems to be back in the day they had a handfull of problems.. have these been fixed?

How does it hold up to 4s, i already have 3 4s batteries..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

be sure to get a current offering thats been updated .you can tell by the recommended lipo on the box .the new updated boats will say to use a 5000 mah 3s lipo .if it says anything else its the old model .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

How do i find this out if im buying online?

see post below
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

ask i guess, tell them you want a picture of the box .by now everyone should have updated ones in stock .buy from horizon they wont sell you an old one .and i think they are still 30.00 off yet

I have posted some stuff recently in this thread, so read through here. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-23-quot/page5

I've been beating on mine all year, no issues. Stock servo went in the garbage before I even ran it, and I put a bushing in the steering nozzle for more predictable steering. Drill a hole for a grease port. I haven't ran it on 4s, but I find it completely unnecessary. 3s is perfect for what the boat is designed for IMO, but I strictly run mine in rivers with rapids.

As stated, updated boats have the "5000 mah recommended battery" sticker on the box over the old "3200 mah recommended" sticker.

Only reason im going to run it on 4s is because i already have 3 of them and no 3s.

Is the hull durable? Im trying to go up stream over rapids and up logs and rocks within reason

Last edited by jake414; 05-09-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Its durable to an extent. The keel of the hull takes a beating if your bouncing off rocks, I put a couple small holes in mine.

Are these fiberglass or plastic? Can you reinforce the hulls?

ABS plastic. I mixed up some epoxy and poured it in the rear of the hull under the housing where it gets beat up. Haven't had an issue since, they were small holes.

I have written a 'Mods, tips, tricks" article on this boat that you may be interested in:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ips-and-Tricks
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

I love mine, has a slight steering trim to the right which i cant seem to straighten out as well as water getting in the hull pretty often and plenty

Early versions had steering servos that wouldn't center properly. Change the servo to solve that problem. If it is an early version you may have a leak at a thin part of the hull - bottom of the transom. Hold it up to a light to spot leaks. I show how to fix that in my 'mods, tricks and tips' thread. If that's not it, run it in the bathtub with canopy removed to see where water is getting in. Could be control boots, jet to hull seal, coolant lines, etc.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    Early versions had steering servos that wouldn't center properly. Change the servo to solve that problem. If it is an early version you may have a leak at a thin part of the hull - bottom of the transom. Hold it up to a light to spot leaks. I show how to fix that in my 'mods, tricks and tips' thread. If that's not it, run it in the bathtub with canopy removed to see where water is getting in. Could be control boots, jet to hull seal, coolant lines, etc.
    Thank you I will try these out asap!

Really appreciate it, as a new guy around this forum I know i need to contribute and I will as soon as an opportunity arrives to return the favor!

The gasket between the jet pump and hull was installed pretty poorly in my boat is was a source of some water in my hull.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)