Thread: How to Eliminate Slack in Green RadioPost servo?

Default How to Eliminate Slack in Green RadioPost servo?

Hi,

I bought a (used) green radiopost servo some time ago and have been wondering if the ~2mm of slack in both directions is actually normal for this servo?

Kind of figured this one to have zero slack whatsoever. Even though I've noticed the same thing in other new servos such as Savox, etc.

Should I maybe look at replacing the servo bearings, or is this gear play? (that would need replacing)

is the slack there, even with the servo powered up?

I’ve never experienced slack in one of these. They are the most slack free and smoothest servos I’ve ever used. I’m sure you have some broken teeth or damage inside of it. If your intimidated by taking it apart, send it to me. I’ll check it out for you.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

slack is there even with it powered up.

I guess I'll take it apart and see... but it likely wouldn't be the bearings that hold the servo shaft though right...

either way, if its the gears... I probably would not even be able to replace them since radiopost is out of business?

kfxguy: BTW, if you ever need some great servo's, radio equipment, or small car ESC's for cheap -- check out the for sale section of rctech.net ... it's a huge active forum