Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Here!

OK guys great news. I got her back together. Operation UL-1 Inferior (LOL) is complete. I will get her in the water tomorrow with air temps in the 70's.
    I have a few questions.
    -Can I charge my batteries and then warm them?
    -Warm to what temp? I am using a heating blanket.
    This one is for Grim.
    -When I plug in the batteries, after turning the transmitter on, I am supposed to hear 1 beep, full throttle one beep, then neutral 3 beeps and ready to go. That is what happend the very first time I pluged in. Now I plug in and have continous low tone beeps. If I go full reverse I get 1 beep, then full forward one beep and finally neutral 3 beeps and ready to go. Is this ok or what should I do?

Oh by the way.............I do have GPS!

Can't wait it's gonna be fun.
    And for those interested I have to test this new boat as well......

yea.. sounds like the trim is off..

Grim

Cool

-Can I charge my batteries and then warm them?
    -Warm to what temp? I am using a heating blanket.
    First off Alvin, if it sounded like I was bashing you in my earlier posts, accept my apology. That was not my intent, I was just worried that the very first thread on this new boat was going to dissolve into a mess. Of course it's your boat and you should do whatever you want.

IME heating LiPos to around 100F before running them does two things: 1) they are stronger from the start of the run; 2) they often reach lower temperatures after the run than if they are not heated. I heated the LiPos in my SAW boats to 120F before a run. Heating is your friend.

Grim, the factory sends the radio with the throttle set to reverse. Just checking to make sure thats ok too.
    Thanks, Alvin

We've been discussing the boat and I wanted to let everyone know that this boat comes with the coolest RTR radio I have ever seen! It is super light as it only requires 4 AA batteries. I'll bet you won't see many of these removed from the boat. Again great job Grim and Aquacraft!
    Alvin

Finally!!!!!!!!!!! It is awesome to say the least. Sorry no video, I couldn't find anyone to hold the camera. I also did something stupid. I put in the GPS and didn't start it. I ran a few laps and brought the boat in to give it a little negative strut angle and Perfect. The water was pretty rough and the boat handled it flawlessly. Thanks everyone for the help and I promise I'll get some video soon!
    Alvin

"Operation UL-1 Inferior (LOL) is complete. I will get her in the water tomorrow with air temps in the 70's."
    In case anyone took this the wrong way I was referring to my strut transplant, not the boat itself. The boat is awesome and If I had to do it over I centainly would have run it first and then probably not changer ANYTHING.
    Thanks Aquacraft,
    Alvin
    and Fluid, apology accepted

Sweet!!!! Congrats!!
    How did you make out with your mono??

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Not good Doug. It ran like what I would imagine a snow plow to look like. I guess I need to raise the trim tabs all the way and start from there. My balance point is 28.8%.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123