Thread: Finished Genesis

Default Finished Genesis

Last build just finished for the season.
    Carbon Fiber inlay and offset rudder. I reused the original motor and servo mounting tray combo and kind of sorry I did, but I will see how it runs before I decide if it has to be redone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, clean epoxy work on the rails inside. Build looks a lot like mine. I reused the original motor mount as well, but decided to cut off the ESC and servo mount portions.

Hope the maiden goes smoothly!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Beautifully prepared boat! You gotta be proud of that build...

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Nice, clean epoxy work on the rails inside. Build looks a lot like mine. I reused the original motor mount as well, but decided to cut off the ESC and servo mount portions.

Hope the maiden goes smoothly!
    That is exactly what I was sorry I left the servo and esc mount. First run was a disaster used the Aeromarine collet and I guess the cable didn't slide in all the way as the Aeromarine collets are reversed and grab the back of the flex cable my fault totally, lost the flex shaft and prop. Now for the second lesson learned when you loose the flex shaft the boat sinks. With batteries in the boat the stuffing tube where it enters the hull is just below or at the water line where water can enter the hull. On your boat make sue you put floatation tubes in the rear as I didn't. My wife put on high water boots and grabbed the boat as it floated tips up. I really wish I had my wife's attitude nothing bothers her, where I was ready to snap the boat over my knee. Anyway making my new flex shaft later and ordered more stuff from OSE.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Beautifully prepared boat! You gotta be proud of that build...
    Thanks but based on the above I am kind of pissed at myself, luckily she is back on the work bench for corrections
    Last edited by Newboater; 05-04-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Ouch, that sucks. I've had cables snap on me before, but never lost the entire thing and flood out. Looks like you owe your wife!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Well I owe my wife for the recovery of the boat and she also is the one who laid in the carbon fiber, those tiny hands are very useful.