Thread: Buffing out a Small Scratch

Default Buffing out a Small Scratch

Came to shore a little hot & put a tiny scratch in my MC. After 6 years of racing with many successes and plain major fun (plus being the NAMBA P-Ltd Cat 2-lap Nat'l record holder) I thought it was time to retire the old girl. BUT NO - She deserved to be put back in action.

Minor scratch
    Scratch.jpg

lined the underside of the cracks with duct tape and poured the GFlex for strength
    epoxy.jpg

Good Ol' Bondo
    bondo.jpg

Building up smashed tip + glazing putty to smooth out the fixed incisions
    glazing.jpg

Continued next post
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

utilized exotic Asian bamboo hardwood (a used chopstick from Chinese take-out)
    for deck leading edge
    chopstix2.jpg

Ready for more action
    finished2.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Now you just need to get the steering sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    Now you just need to get the steering sorted.
    next on the agenda. Changing out the ESC for starters....

A master craftsman at work.
    Judging by the final result I dare say, that is not the first time you have needed to perform that sort of cosmetic surgery.

I love your description " Buffing out a Small Scratch " I can't imagine what a big scratch is to you. LOL Great job on the repairs

Damn, why am I hungry for donuts and Chinese food after reading this?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Damn, why am I hungry for donuts and Chinese food after reading this?