Thread: Has anyone built the Dumas Donzi Z 65??

Default Has anyone built the Dumas Donzi Z 65??

I know some of us are into scale. This would be my first scale venture(for boats anyway) I love the size and how it looks!! I thought it might be a nice build while I am recovering. Maybe I can still have Santa bring me one?????

I was woundering how hard the build was and how many hours of building enjoyment it took???
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

Scale boats are a labour of love. Take MANY hours to build. Search Mack Marine for power options etc. The build process can be complex, but very rewarding.
    Edit
    Where have you found a kit as Dumas discontinued this kit. I believe it came with a fibreglass hull and that takes out the difficult hand build process

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 12-11-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Douggie, I will release my sorce after I buy mine. I have been told that dumas is going to rerelease the model with some updates. As you know I have nothing but time on my hands.
    Last edited by Spot Me 2; 12-11-2008 at 01:44 PM.
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

Default Donzi

Mike, I fell in love with the Donzi 65 years ago. Three years ago I went to Hansen resovoir to run with a really nice fellow, Tom K who is a scale fanatic. There was a beautiful Donzi 65 there, running on twin 800 motors. Why not PM Tom, [ his online name is KMOT and you can find him in the member list here] ; maybe he can put you in touch with the Donzi fellow.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Vett on RCgroups has recently built and sold one.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .