Thread: IMPBA D12 Race #2, June 2-3, 2018 Centreville, Virginia

Default IMPBA D12 Race #2, June 2-3, 2018 Centreville, Virginia

The Capitol RC Model Boat Club will host D12 Race#2 the weekend of June 2-3 at our pond in Centreville, VA. Open Water on Friday June 1st, Noon - 6pm. We'll have a food truck available both race days serving crab cakes and burgers. Classes for all boats. Fast Electrics... we've got 'em. See a class you want added, let me know and I'll do it.

We had a great first district race this past weekend up in Maryland. Lets keep the momentum going.

Registration is open at www.rcracingevents.com

Questions? Ask away...
    Last edited by Chilli; 05-01-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Looking forward to this one and hanging out with my old club before I moved south.
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Thanks Don. Guys, we're coming up on ten days till registration closes for District Race #2 in Centreville, VA. As is the norm, folks are waiting til the last second to sign up. Let's get those entries in. We've spent more on awards this year and we have some nice raffle prizes. Most importantly, folks are stepping up and we have addressed the issues that caused us to cancel last year. And remember, after June, no more district races until the fall. We had a great first district race last month. Let's keep the momentum going!

Folks,

Due to weather conditions the past couple of weeks and the forecast for this week, we're going to have to postpone our race until the weekend of August 25-26. We're looking at a greater than 50 percent chance of rain from Wednesday though Sunday, with Alberto probably giving us a couple inches Wed/Thu. The ten straight days of rain we received in the previous two weeks have left the grounds saturated and I'm afraid any additional precip will lead to our grounds becoming a muddy mess by the end of the race weekend.

Paypal refunds have been issued. Hopefully you have plenty of time to cancel hotel reservations. If you loose a deposit, let us know.

I'll adjust the dates on RC Racing events and we'll start entries from scratch.

Thanks and Sorry.

Mike