Thread: Zelos twin propeller question

Default Zelos twin propeller question

I have a stock zelos twin I have run twice as I just got it, I really want to run 3 blade propellers which are best for a stock boat, I’m looking for quicker acceleration and higher top speed plus they look way cooler I would love to find some 5 blades but haven’t seen any of these but they would be way more towards the scale look of the real boats

Quote Originally Posted by 01740il View Post
    I have a stock zelos twin I have run twice as I just got it, I really want to run 3 blade propellers which are best for a stock boat, I’m looking for quicker acceleration and higher top speed plus they look way cooler I would love to find some 5 blades but haven’t seen any of these but they would be way more towards the scale look of the real boats
    Forgot about the coolness factor of 3+ blades props while your boat is in dry dock, they're a wasted effort on the stock setup as there are proven 2 blade props options for just about every type of running you want to do.

With that said, I've been looking for 5 blades to use on another boat as a static, scale display only, not to actually spin in the water. Haven't found anything.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Guys thanks for the feed back what type of metal are the stock props I think I’m going to try sharpening them for my first time

Quote Originally Posted by 01740il View Post
    Guys thanks for the feed back what type of metal are the stock props I think I’m going to try sharpening them for my first time
    They are stainless steel , not sure the exact grade but it's pretty hard.

I figured they were stainless I still haven’t looked at what motors I have I forgot to look will try to look today

Dont expect cheap, or the efficiency of a 2 blade prop but Doctorprops.torgg has just shown off some 5 bladed stainless CNC props on facebook, they were in gas boat sizes but with a note that he could make them to order in any desired size and pitch.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 05-24-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Omg those are absolutely stunning I will have to talk with him! Zelos upgrades here I come new escs new motors 😸

so I have the 6 pole 2000kv motors 36x38s are these the upgraded motors? All I can fine online is the 6 pole 1000kv 56x87s.
    i think higher kv is higher rpm which would equal more speed but i cannot remember

Both the older and newer style motors in the Zelos are 2000kV. The newer style DYNM3831 motors have an exposed rear bearing and holes in the end bells with the motor wires coming through one of them. The older motors had solid end bells and the wires came through the side of the can.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

unnamed.jpg

Hopefully I did the picture the correct way I'm not sure which I have now? I am sure you will be able to look at the attached image and tell what they are?