Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
Regardless I'll follow the rule until it's changed, and I've never known that to happen by yacking on a forum..... just sayin..
haha Fact! Doesn't happen any other way either though. That rule was added by ignorance. It will stay there the same way. I take my batteries out too Doug. It's the rule. Unless I'm at home where I can do it the smarter way.

I have nightmares about it. I'm fire protection professional though. That said, I don't take any extra precautions so I'm a hypocrite too.

I guess you could pick up the whole table and toss it with all your chargers, batteries, power supplies. At least they would be separated then. Out from under your canopy too.

The closest I've come to a thermal nuclear lipo incident was when trying to rapid heat some for time trials. A pack got too close to the heat source. I haven't had a speedo fire in a couple seasons. Failures sure but they just don't burn up like they used to. haha An Castle Mamba XLX was my last true fire. Maybe 350 amps. Those make spectacular fires.

That reminds me. Has anyone seen a lipo or a speedo burn a boat completely up? I've experienced more than my fair share of crispy critter ESC. I've not had a lipo fire but have seen multiple Lipo fires in boats. I've never seen a boat burned to a crisp though. Anybody else seen that?