Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Namba membership cards

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Regardless I'll follow the rule until it's changed, and I've never known that to happen by yacking on a forum..... just sayin..
    haha Fact! Doesn't happen any other way either though. That rule was added by ignorance. It will stay there the same way. I take my batteries out too Doug. It's the rule. Unless I'm at home where I can do it the smarter way.

I have nightmares about it. I'm fire protection professional though. That said, I don't take any extra precautions so I'm a hypocrite too.

I guess you could pick up the whole table and toss it with all your chargers, batteries, power supplies. At least they would be separated then. Out from under your canopy too.

The closest I've come to a thermal nuclear lipo incident was when trying to rapid heat some for time trials. A pack got too close to the heat source. I haven't had a speedo fire in a couple seasons. Failures sure but they just don't burn up like they used to. haha An Castle Mamba XLX was my last true fire. Maybe 350 amps. Those make spectacular fires.

That reminds me. Has anyone seen a lipo or a speedo burn a boat completely up? I've experienced more than my fair share of crispy critter ESC. I've not had a lipo fire but have seen multiple Lipo fires in boats. I've never seen a boat burned to a crisp though. Anybody else seen that?
    Noisy person

Seems the sealed hatch would starve the flames in most cases. The mosfet bodies in the ESC’s will clear the short pretty quick, although in a stinky mess!

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post

That reminds me. Has anyone seen a lipo or a speedo burn a boat completely up? I've experienced more than my fair share of crispy critter ESC. I've not had a lipo fire but have seen multiple Lipo fires in boats. I've never seen a boat burned to a crisp though. Anybody else seen that?
    Saw a T O/B Tunnel burst into flames, burn and sink at a Time Trial in Valdosta.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Never seen a Lopo fire ina boat, lots of crispy esc’s. I did the Roman candle thing hooking up 10s2p once burnt the crap out of my thumb and nai.
    Cheers, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Saw a T O/B Tunnel burst into flames, burn and sink at a Time Trial in Valdosta.
    Lipo? I wondered if it had ever happened. I've seen real boats burn right to the water line. Terrifying.
    Noisy person

If I have a lipo fire at the Nats, I'm throwing it in Smocks trailer.

Now that I think about it......I've never seen a T OB Tunnel. You know how my tiny brain works Doug. Has there ever been a heat of T OB tunnels anywhere on planet earth?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    If I have a lipo fire at the Nats, I'm throwing it in Smocks trailer.
    I think we'll be pulling Amp Daddy's trailer this year.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Now that I think about it......I've never seen a T OB Tunnel. You know how my tiny brain works Doug. Has there ever been a heat of T OB tunnels anywhere on planet earth?
    Pags ran a T O/B Tunnel in open Tunnel at the Spring Nats. Said it was in the window at Fine Design for 10 years IIRC. Last time it ran was on 32 round cells. I don't imagine there has ever been a heat of T boats.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Lipo? I wondered if it had ever happened. I've seen real boats burn right to the water line. Terrifying.
    Yes sir. Yes boat fires are no joke!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Are there ANY real ways of containing or extinguishing a lipo fire? A regular fire extinguisher would do nothing to it right?

Best thing is a bucket of sand or salt water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12