Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: HiModel 4s-8s 200 amp esc

i can do that , thanks ray ! but like most i find it annoying , people like to shop fast ,just a suggestion would make things hole lot ease and boost his sales ,it must be a tricky thing to set up cause lots of online stores have this problem .KMB is another

It sucks being in Aus for Rc boating. not much about and if you find gear here its cheap chinese gear that is 50% more expensive than decent gear from OSE.

i see you do your own ECS repairs ,ozzie crawl, i have a 180t here your welcome too .i plugged 42 volt into it, lol didnt smoke just no go .

Mite be worth a look at. I am no electronics expert,just playing around. some esc,s worked ok after fets etc replaced others were beyond my basic abilities but its fun.

Well my Hi Model GX 200A ESC's (five of them) are still going strong after 5 years. Mainly on 4s & 6s. Wouldn't even consider trying 8s. Raced every weekend & one even took me to 3rd in the Nationals. Haven't blown one yet.
    Yes there are better ones out there. But I've seen where they've blown up too.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Well my Hi Model GX 200A ESC's (five of them) are still going strong after 5 years. Mainly on 4s & 6s. Wouldn't even consider trying 8s. Raced every weekend & one even took me to 3rd in the Nationals. Haven't blown one yet.
    Have to agree they hold up really well if not pushed to hard. Only time i killed them was with water.

See the danger. THEN DO IT ANYWAY!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    true my mate just smoked a castle ice 120. few weeks ago in his genis . i am open to give one a try , just printed out the morse code music sheet ,to program that sucker . its only going on 4 - cell with a leopard 2200 4074
    440-3 blade in pursuit , them guys are thinking dam cheap ass Aussies , lol good luck . i like them 180t but i have a few already , 1 in miss geico oh you already know that lol rave on ,,

I orderd two the other day, we will give them a try and see how they hold up, if they dont I am out 100.00 , oh well. Whats the best way to waterproof them, I hear of people pulling them apart to make the plate have even contact with the fetts, putting a type of past on it and putting it back together. A few questions what keeps the motor leads from shorting out on the plate and after you have cut the shrink wrap off how do you hold it back together, is it woth doing this process and if so could I get some detailed instuctions. Thank you everyone, I have only been on here a few weeks, but have enjoyed myself alot, you guys have alot of great info, that really helps a person at my skill level, wich I would say is mid level at this level in the hobby I kinda feel like a sponge soaking up all this great info , you probally wont see me buying anymore RTR boats, as I am just not happy with that anymore. It is alot of time and money for 4 min of fun, but it is adictive and so rewarding, a special thankd to FLUID as he has reponded to most if not all questions I have had.

dont bother opening it up just plug the ends to water proof it i use SHOE Goo red a white tube most shoe repairs stock it , and some surf shops like city beach , apparently use just enough to cap the ends . then i put a coat of liquid tape over the shoe goo just to make sure its all sealed 100% around the wires .. just back cut sharpen balanced and polished a x440-3 took me 5 hours dam it looks nice proud of my self hehe, no wounder you guy pay to have them done , lol

well i did open it up in the end ,, after closer look at the gx200 and talking with paul ,the motor wires looked too close to the cooling block ,I sanded the Fets level , drop of white thermal paste on top of each fet, epoxy on the corner fets .bevel the edge of the block to clear the wires , i turned the block around so the outlets point the other way , she is goer tested ,

I ordered 2 but I got the ones with no water cooling, my bad, how hard is it to add one to each?

Quote Originally Posted by LOVE6S View Post
    I ordered 2 but I got the ones with no water cooling, my bad, how hard is it to add one to each?
    When the Himodel 200's first came out we had to add the water cooling heat sinks since they never came with it. It's not difficult at all, I used Arctic Silver Thermal epoxy on mine and I still run it today. If you go to the beginning of this thread I think there are a few different ways that others have done that work very well and easy to do.
    DF-29,Phil Thomas Super Sport 45, SV27, Xzess 2 Evo, HOTR 32" Cat

Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

yeah mine works great runs cool after the mods seems more punchy then the 180t . but no luck programming the sucker. the secondary menu no go . stuck on factory settings at this stage .

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112