Thread: First "Big boy" boat, my UL-19 is on way!

Default First "Big boy" boat, my UL-19 is on way!

Hi all, looking forward to all your knowledge as I dive into yet another rabbit hole. I have tons of experience with models of all kinds, and am aware that I may be in over my head a bit with this new boat, but why not just dive in, right? Initial questions for you all centers around batteries. Can someone give me a clear, concise answer on difference battery setups for a stock (for now!) UL-19? Specifically, what kind of run times can I expect with 4s and 6s, assuming I am doing speed runs with slower turns. Should I even consider 5s with this boat? Pros and cons for all? I have a feeling I will run mostly 4s but wna tyour opinions. When I run 6s, should I go for two 3s packs and wire in series? Is this a benefit for cog and trim? THanks in advance, gang!

Stay with 4s and 5s, unless 6s is just for a straight pass or two. That would be 2 - 2S (7.4V-5000mah) batteries and the esc is already wired for series.

You can get better run time on 6s after changing the motor out. I would run about a 1400kv motor on 6s and that motor should let you run the original prop, since the rotation speed will be pretty close to the 4s stock setup. They say 6s capable, but many have burned their boats up trying that. I think there’s a special note about 6s operation in the manual, but for marketing purposes, Proboat leaves you with the natural impression it’s 6s ready, it’s not.

Batteries are expensive, so I would decide early if you want to build it for 6s or just keep it stock and run 4s. It’s a kick ass boat, you’ll love it!