Thread: Proboat 3630 disassembly???

Default Proboat 3630 disassembly???

IMG_20180425_220827670.jpgIMG_20180425_220815469.jpgIMG_20180425_220839009.jpg

Has anyone disassembled this motor before? I bought a project boat and the bearing at the output shaft is bad.

I put the motor mount back on it and put the motor mount in a vise. Then I grabbed the end bell with a big Channel Lock pliers and spun the body off. Man, it was tough to get off though!

Don Huff has most likely. He has a thread all about motors like this.

There is glue on the threads to make it hard to come off. Heat may have helped a bit.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Yes , that's how you do it, but Ray is right. Apply some heat and it will soften the glue so that it spins off much easier.

It seems that the bearings in the dynamite/proboat motors do not hold up very well. I just finished breaking down a few motors and most every one of them had loud bearings. I think maybe the bearings are a little small for what we are doing with them.

Thanks for the replies Don and Ray! Yes, I will heat it next time for sure. Sorry I wasn't more patient to wait for good advice. The output shaft of the motor had quite a bit of left-right wiggle and the bearing was rusted - so hopefuilly a new set of bearings cures all that. Thanks again!

Mike