Thread: Want to switch toward electric race setup

Default Want to switch toward electric race setup

I was at the Atlanta Spring Nats; a wonderfully organized and fun event. I am intrigued by the seriousness of the electric community. Where can I begin to collect information on how to build a competitive hydro or mono? I'd like to build a very competitive boat for under $1500. I need to learn about the batteries and chargers, motors and speed controllers, and part resources.

My Seaducer 47" gas mono is fast; could be a little faster (will be). However, it couldn't catch the electric monos in the open mono race. And, the electric hydro against the F hydros in the open hydro race had no trouble at all at the front. Caught my attention.

Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Tracy, sorry we missed your post. Yes, FE boats can run faster around the oval than gas boats, their disadvantage is shorter run time. If you want a gas-sized FE, $1500 is not going to get much if you build new yourself. To come close to that price for a competitive racer you may find a used 8S or 10S boat, this would be my recommendation if you can find the right one. If you want a smaller boat, you can have a good, fast 4S FE boat to race other FEs.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Arif Galleoncy View Post
    As the additional opinion, Battery and Charger must go and walk together in other words they are united and supported each other to increase your durability machine and power therefore Engineers are often unaware of the complexity involving the power source, especially when charging under adverse conditions.

Read more: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...about_chargers
    Is this guy a boater or trying to promote his business?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Peter, the post is so confusing and off-topic that I doubt that anyone would take it seriously - promotional or helpful. I know this site has occasionally been quoted over the years by our members as a knowledge source.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for