Thread: Proboat shockwave 26 arrival

Default Proboat shockwave 26 arrival

Just purchased a Shockwave 26 near new,which is coming supplied with 3200 mah lipo,which im not sure whether 2s or 3s, i would like to run 3s initially, would any of my current batteries suffice all 3s , they are Turnigy nano-tec 2650 mah 25-50 c,,and 2700mah Zippy Flightmax 40c ??? I notice Horizon suggest 5000 mah for either 2s or 3s, surely thats a bit OTT in a boat of this size? 5000mah is a pretty hefty battery . , also any tips on future moderate upgrades to motor,esc, servo, or flexi shaft would be appreciated.
    Its a bit of a departure from my beloved "cats", but i only have one monohull, my ft012,and ive always loved the shape and colour and graphics of the Shockwave.

Thanks dirtdummy, i'll try to do some studying of that thread whopefully later today,.

"mAh" of a pack is essentially run time. So no, 5000mAh is not over the top. It's what most people run at a minimum in a single lipo setup. The stock motor and prop combo in that boat doesn't draw a lot of amps so your low C rating packs will suffice, however their lower capacity (mAh) will limit your runtimes dramatically.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

The 1800 or 2000 kv motors in my Atomics seem to give perfectly adequate run times using my 2650 25-50 3s nano tecs,or my Zippy Flightmax 2600 3s 40c batteries , and they dont weigh the boat down . I used to have a blackjack 24 and had a 5000 mah Turnigy 20c in that ,but it was almost too big for the battery bay,i had to shove it in at an angle ,it was an enormous bulky thing, and if i had wanted a higher "c" the battery would have been even bigger. Unless the 2000 kv Dynamite draws a lot more power with the puny 30A Dynamite esc , than the atomics outrunner and 40A esc ,i cant see how my run times could be much different?
    I reckon the shockwave will have the earlier 4 pole 2000 kv Dynamite as well rather than the juicy 6 pole version in the Velos, which is something i considered as a future upgrade along with a 120A esc.
    Last edited by Krazykenny; 04-22-2018 at 04:42 AM.