Thread: 36" carbon fiber v hull setup

Default 36" carbon fiber v hull setup

I'm new to rc boats but not rc`s in general... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... I just purchased a 36" Ariene 2... it came with a (3660 2075) kv motor... I'm planning on changing it... I'm currently looking at the turnigy t~20 and the proteus x520... I'm also going to put in a turnigy fat boy 300a esc... for start up I have 2 turning graphene 11.1v.. 66.6wh ..6000mah.. 3s.. 65c..130c batteries... I'll move up on the batteries but I'd like some advice on proper setup before I go any further... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

If you decide to go with the T20 this is the mount I purchased from the OSE webstore. It is beautifully made and fits the T20 perfectly.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80974

To start with the T20 is far too big for a 36" mono. I am currently fitting a T20 to a 41" Osprey mono and that is overkill. I presume that you intend running 6s which with the 1280kv motor configuration will give you around 28000 revs. The Turnigy is far cheaper than the Proteus and really looks like a nice motor complete with all connections. I purchased three for projects (1300 mm cat hull) but then circumstances changed and I went with TP Power 4070 motors. The TP range are nice motors and in the 36" mono should do what you want as regards performance.

A TP Power 4060 or 4070 will give you more performance , lower amp draw and a longer runtime than a T20.

This is the OSE mounting for a T20. At the moment I have only "tacked" the mount in. I need to remove the motor to finish the install. This is in the Hobbyking Osprey 41" mono hull.
    Attached Images Attached Images