Thread: video of 42" catamaran

Default video of 42" catamaran

first its hoping not sure if thats a weight distro thing, wasnt doing it earlier. This is turned way down to do 5 laps on my cheap batteries. Some of you may know Ive been struggling a little setting this boat up with torque steering issues. This is the first time Ive really ran the boat for any length of time as Ive slowly sorted out issues. Pretty disappointed with my batteries not being able to go any more than this. The system is nowhere near what it can actually handle.

GPS speed was about 55mph. data log shows 5,000w average. 12s with 6500mah Socokin 4s packs.

What Batteries, how many cells to each motor/ what motors?

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Larry this is a single TP 5670 on 12s via 3 4s packs in series.

I never had good luck with running batteries in series. You should have plenty of room to do a parallel set up no ?

A 42” cat is likely a tad light with only a 1p setup in it. I would be running at least 8000mah in it. It may also help with the hopp down the straight with a little weight distribution.
    Just my thoughts on it.

A 42? cat is likely a tad light with only a 1p setup in it. I would be running at least 8000mah in it. It may also help with the hopp down the straight with a little weight distribution.
    Just my thoughts on it.

This one is a bit overbuilt with Castle 1717?s on 6s2p per motor 4000mah 40c packs running Octura 447 props

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    A 42? cat is likely a tad light with only a 1p setup in it. I would be running at least 8000mah in it. It may also help with the hopp down the straight with a little weight distribution.
    Just my thoughts on it.
    Im seriously considering selling my electric stuff and just putting a zenoah in it. After getting my old nitro tunnel hull tuned in good I'm feeling like electric is boring. Wait 1hr to do 90 seconds worth of driving. And all of it for 3x the cost. Instead throw $2 of pre-mix gas in and have fun all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bande1 View Post
    Im seriously considering selling my electric stuff and just putting a zenoah in it. After getting my old nitro tunnel hull tuned in good I'm feeling like electric is boring. Wait 1hr to do 90 seconds worth of driving. And all of it for 3x the cost. Instead throw $2 of pre-mix gas in and have fun all day.
    Yeah I sometimes think the same. And certainly if one wants to run 40”+ boats.