Thread: Racent (volantex) Atomic

Red face Racent (volantex) Atomic

O.k. i have 2 of these catamarans,and no excuses,i ADORE caramarans,particularly fast electric types, these are a good choice if you dont want too much hassle before you run them ,as they are available RTR ,and in this case RTR means what it says, though you can get a non RTR version also(PNP)but curiously Banggood charge MORE for that.. For those who have not experienced this boat ,all i can say is you get a good handling fast catamaran 70 cms(27.559inches) long that comes with an 1800 kv brushless outrunner (watercooled) and a waterproof and watercooled 40A esc. This is described as 4s capable,though i must admit i run mine on 3s 2600 - 2650 mah 25- 50 nano tecs,or 40c Zippy Flightmax, and it seems quite fast on those with very decent run times. The boat is pretty watertight too, and has a littlecand i mean little, rubber drain plug on the stern. On the water the Atomic is quite impressive as it scoots across the pond at a very respectable speed, 60KPH is claimed though i would think that would be a somewhat ambitious claim in most conditions. Nonetheless this is certainly a very impressive a to date a rewarding and hassle free boat,the only downsides might be its ABS construction for purists who only cofirm to fibreglass, and the sometimes dubious quality of the pre-applied graphics,which i wondered if an inebriated chimp had applied!!!. But minor gripes which havent dulled the pleasure and entertainment for relatively low cost this excellent catamaran provides.

I have the Volantex Vector 70.....on 3s 70c ...stock motor....90 amp swordfish.....stainless prop.....nice play boat...fast and handles well....

Unhappy

I must confess to being pleasantly surprised withwhat Volantex produce,and the way they dont frequently discard boats from their model range,i recently enquired about getting a Miss Geico 29 ,only to find its no longer available in UK.,as Horizon are not supplying them over here any longer!!!! I realise it MIGHT have to do with royalty issues,but WHAT a shame,that boat was simply beautiful IMHO, and my local shop had a very decent deal on it too.

I'm receiving the 70 Monday and a friend the Atomic shortly after. Really looking forward to seeing just what you get from such an affordable Boat.. Coming from Cars and trucks I'm easing my way into boats.
    1 yr later how do you guys feel about them?

I've got the vector 80. first boat, ran it on 4s and I've been hooked ever since. Not stock anymore and trying it out on 6sIMG_20190613_194456692_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

i also have a vector 70, ands very reliable on 3s, and a hoot on 6s with a 150a esc, im sure the flex wont be long for this world on 6s, but 3s i dont see any issues so far...

I've upgraded to a 3/16 flex with the angry shark metal hardware. I twisted up the original the first time I ran it on 6s and burnt up the original 1800 kv outrunner

I'm running a turnigy 3674 1650kv motor inrunner and a 150 amp flycolor esc and a 20 kg digital servo

Great boats for the price, can't u get the cat for like 120$

I've installed in my Vector 70 a 3750 Turningy Typhoon 500 heli motor. It's made for 6s but I doubt I'll ever run more than 4 or 5s to be safe. (Yeah right!)
    I Can't wait for the Atomic to get here in a couple of weeks☺
    Last edited by NEDan; 06-23-2019 at 08:17 AM.

No atomic yet but while waiting I bought an angry shark because it was prime (2 day ship) and $200. It's Slower than the 70 w/typhoon. for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzoom View Post
    Great boats for the price, can't u get the cat for like 120$
    I paid $97 pnp on Banggood. I'll probably see it in Sept but 3+ weeks feels like forever in the summer.

Hello, I too have a Vector 80. It has been a very fun boat. However, I am planning a big overhaul of it this winter. So, for those that have gutted the insides of you ABS boats, just how did you remove the glued on motor mounts and battery trays? I have yet to figure that out, and I don't want to ruin my Vector 80 hull in the process. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

To the mods, if this isn't an acceptable place to ask this, please feel free to delete it.

It wasn't pretty but something thin n flat and just kept working it under n lifting breaking It free then sanded and added a mahogany v wedge block for a battery in the old motor mount spot. U can see the inside in above pic. Added an ose motor mount and kept everything else where it was boat runs 60mph and very well balanced

It wasn't pretty but something thin n flat and just kept working it under n lifting breaking It free then sanded and added a mahogany v wedge block for a battery in the old motor mount spot. U can see the inside in above pic. Added an ose motor mount and kept everything else where it was boat runs 60mph and very well balanced
    Thanks for the reply. My plan right now is to use the 3674 from my Spartan, and locate it closer to the stern as you did. I want to relocate the battery so it is in front of the motor. I am in parts gathering mode for it right now, but I plan on staying with 4s and just propping it up into the 40ish mph range. It has been a very fun and tough boat. These Volantex boats are a lot of boat for the money.

Use the old battery mount and location for your esc should help with the balance and add battery to front. That will cover up the old motor mount u need to tear out

Use the old battery mount and location for your esc should help with the balance and add battery to front. That will cover up the old motor mount u need to tear out
    I have thought of doing just that. I think that I am going to use the Castle esc that is currently in my Spartan in my Vector 80 as well. It handles 4s fine, but runs a bit hot on 6s. I have a 3/16 strut and flex shaft for it, but I haven't settled on a rudder just yet. The first prop that I am going to try on it though is a CNC 4214 that I already have. If I can get this boat in the 45+ mph range stable it will be a bigger hoot to run that it already is.

The angry shark hardware worked out great for me with the 3/16 flex shaft no teflon tube added bushings in strut which is adjustable . I hit 60 with a 45mm cnc prop. Temps barely break a100 degrees I wanna try a high pitched 42mm next, I started with a 38 and went up after temps weren't an issue

The angry shark hardware worked out great for me with the 3/16 flex shaft no teflon tube added bushings in strut which is adjustable . I hit 60 with a 45mm cnc prop. Temps barely break a100 degrees I wanna try a high pitched 42mm next, I started with a 38 and went up after temps weren't an issue
    Did you use the stock stuffing tube, or replace it with a 1/4in one. I have so far been a bit leery of going the non liner approach as I am concerned of the flex shaft whipping inside of the stuffing tube.

I used 2 tubes 9/32 because that's the hole size already drilled in boat and 1/4 inside of that one. Left 1/4 longer after transom to the strut and connected with shrink wrap.
    Also did a light solder where 1/4 comes out of the 9/32.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zzoom; 08-18-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks. I don't think I would of ever thought of the "tube within a tube method". I have some more parts to order yet before I start on this project, but now I have some new ideas. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.

No problems it was figuring it out as I go for me, glad to help. Update me when u get started and share some pics

Will do.