Thread: Kyosho Jetstream 888

Default Kyosho Jetstream 888

Just purchased the Kyosho Jetstream. It truly is a nice boat and the quality is very high. Had a few issues with reprogramming/tuning the esc but figured it out. Its pretty tight once opening the hatch but moved the waterproof servo/receiver box back towards the stern and gained a lot of room. It handles very well and is self-righting. Its pretty fast for RTR but needs a two-blade prop...already ordered a CNC x442 so maybe the performance will get better.

I am looking for some advice on a new motor to gain speed. It has a stock Kyosho Aquaspeed Pro Brushless Motor 2080kV, the esc is a Orion 80amp. Any suggestions to make this boat faster? I am sure the x442 will help over the nylon 3 blade it came with but a new motor will be nice too.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Fireman

What size is the current propellor please? Rather than attach a 42 mm prop, I would build up in stages, monitoring temp rises as the 80 amp ESC (I assume 4s battery) may not have the headroom for a 42 mm prop. The main issue I did not go with the Kyosho was the small hatch size and the restricted battery size. Also carefully look for water leaks.

thanks for the reply Old School.

The stock prop is a 3 blade 40mm, 1.4p. I figured a 2 blade 42,1.4p wouldn't heat things up that much? Maybe Im wrong. Yes running 4s

The small hatch was my major concern but I moved some things around to gain more space. The boat is top-quality and is really sharp looking. Pictures just done do it justice. I got a deal on ebay...$450 from a New Hampshire HS that sells on ebay. I ran it today on my pond here in Plymouth,Ma....windy and a slight chop on the water....it was surprisingly stable and turning was really good seeing it doesn't have true turn fins. The fact its self-righting and 900mm made it a good buy for me. I want to upgrade the motor eventually but I am still refreshing my memory ( what will fit, what wont,etc...how to match esc with motor,do most motors fit in most mounts and the motor shaft...are all the same size?) as far as rc boating goes.... this my first boat in 8 years (kids) and used to have a super-fast PB BJ 29" modded up pretty good. I forgot just how enjoyable it was/is! I also live on a pond which makes it super convenient!

-Fireman