Thread: TFL 39” cat help

Default TFL 39” cat help

Hello all I have changed the rudder to a rd boat bitz dual pickup up offset rudder. Changed the motor to a TP 3640 1570kv. I’m am running a sea king 120 amp esc. My ? Is what would be best for batteries 5s in parallel or 6s in series. They both would be revolectrix 5000mah 70c batteries. And what would be a good size prop with this setup. Yes I am new. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for any help

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert01 View Post
    Hello all I have changed the rudder to a rd boat bitz dual pickup up offset rudder. Changed the motor to a TP 3640 1570kv. I’m am running a sea king 120 amp esc. My ? Is what would be best for batteries 5s in parallel or 6s in series. They both would be revolectrix 5000mah 70c batteries. And what would be a good size prop with this setup. Yes I am new. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for any help
    Sorry 3s in series

Can I choose neither?

5S in parallel would work fine. 6S in series would give you 12S, or 44.4V, and will smoke your ESC. If you want to run the 6S packs, run them in parallel, like you would with the 5S packs. 6S is a common setup on that boat and your motor kV selection is about right for that voltage, but the motor size is a bit small and will be under powered. Something like a TP 4050 would be more appropriately sized for a 39" cat, bu would also require an ESC with a higher amp rating, 180A minimum.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yes 12s will not work I meant 3s in series for 6s. I’m not against swapping the motor for a larger one.with the motor you stated what I’ve ’ and what prop do you suggest. I’m not building a saw but something that can run around 60mph. Thank You again

Damn auto correct not I’ve but what KV