Thread: dx2e spektrum and sr300 receiver not binding?

Default dx2e spektrum and sr300 receiver not binding?

wonder if anybody could suggest what is wrong here, ive been trying to bind the two units as per spektrum online instructions, the receiver flashes rapidly with its green light, the usual activation noises occur when i hook up the battery to esc etc, the bind plug(i tried 2 different ones at seperate times,and the transmitter flashes green with bind button depressed,then goes solid,but the receiver just keeps on flashing and the light never goes solid green,and of course when i go to test the drive or steering ,i tried both on different attempts, zilch!!! dead as a dodo!! anybody got any ideas whats wrong,and/or how to fix it, or do i need to get a new system?

just a bit of extra info,im trying to install this system on a volantex atomic,fitted with brand new volantex esc 40a.battery used is the RACENT 2600 as supplied as standard.
    Last edited by Krazykenny; 04-11-2018 at 09:19 AM. Reason: more info.

If I'm not mistaken, the SR300 receiver is a DSM receiver and the DX2E transmitter is DSMR and backwards compatible with DSM2, but not DSM. Do you have another receiver?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Kenny see page 2 in the below linked manual for proper binding procedures. Make sure you are following the steps properly. The Dx2e is compatible with DSM receivers.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...-Manual_EN.pdf
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Thanks for responding guys, ,much appreciated, i had a e-mail from Bill at Horizon tech help, who also informed me that the Dx2E is not compatable with the Receiver i have because the transmitter is DSMR and the receiver is DSM. , i had followed the procedures from the Spektrum manual to the letter ,but no joy at all. I do have another receiver, but its some make ive never heard of before , ORX??? its very lighweight plasticky thing in clear orange color with logo ORX 3 CHANNEL GROUND, and claims its compatable with dsm2. I did try that previously, but no joy, but not sure at that time if i followed procedure correctly,and dont know how to set failsafes??? On the Dx2E ,thats all martian to me,i just want to pull the trigger and have boat go,and stop when i release it!!! On the side of this transmitters box is a label reading GR300 DSM2 GROUND.

That sucks! Oh well, I guess the tech's don't write the manual....It clearly states it is compatible with dsm receivers on page two. The other receiver is a Orange rx they are supposed to be spektrum compatible DSMR/DSM receivers as well.

spektrum.jpg
    Last edited by MADRCER; 04-11-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

The Hobbyshop about 17 miles from me stocks a spektrum transmitter/receiver for just under 40 u.k. pounds brand new, if i cant get the ORX receiver to work, i might just buy that, but be a bit cheeky and ask them to bind it in the shop,if it isnt already bound.. And ill always have the transmitter and sell the d300 on. I know i could just buy a compatable spektrum receiver but they are nearly 30 pounds for an extra ten i could get the complete brand new package.

The spektrum im looking at the the Stx 2 with waterproof srx receiver ,its a fairly basic 2 channel, but really thats all i want, i aint into hyper tech loadsa flashing lights and gizmos ,i just want a basic but decent quality simple radio control system with pistol transmitter which is well made ,fairly comfortable, and has good range and reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Kenny see page 2 in the below linked manual for proper binding procedures. Make sure you are following the steps properly. The Dx2e is compatible with DSM receivers.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...-Manual_EN.pdf
    Actually Mark is correct the DX2e is compatible with DSM but only with the older DSM DX2e radios. The newer DX2E are DSMR and not compatible with DSM but compatible with DSM2 except DSM2 marine like the MR200 and MR3000. These older marine receivers are not compatible with the DSMR radios except DX4R pro or DX4C.

Good point Brian, there were indeed several versions of the DX2E transmitter. Likely the one with the folding antenna was DSM compatible.

Kenny, if your other receiver is DMS2, it "should" work, but I've never had much luck with the little orange models myself. One thing to note when troubleshooting binding problems, not enough distance between the transmitter and receiver can sometimes cause a failure. I typically bind my receivers while the Tx is sitting on the same workbench as the boat. Sometimes if a rx won't bind, I have to move the tx several feet away before it will bind successfully.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yeah i tried that moving a few feet away ,but that didnt help, the transmitter is not one of the long ariel models,it has an integrated antennae and the bind button on the side with the illumination led (green) just above the bind button, thevwhole package was bought used from e-bay , so i think maybe it was slung together to sell off and not ever used together, no big deal, i can always keep the transmitter as a spare, even if i sell on the receiver, they do both work ,but obviously not together!. My feelings are disappointment, but i'll use it as a learning curve and on this occassion learning isnt TOO expensive.. Just gonna delay using my second Atomic a bit, but its HORRIBLE weather over here at present anyway, and my arthrtitis and sciatica would soon tell me they dont appreciate standing for hours at a boating pond in the cold and damp!!, roll on SUMMER.

Attempted the binding process 6 times switching and connecting differently just to try different connections etc, the ORX flahes o.k. the trx comes on fine,but once the trx itself stops flashing and goes solid green, the ORX light just goes out completely, no solid light, nothing, and no drive, or steering working on boat, cant be esc,thats brand new Racent 40A ,and makes all the right noises when hook up battery etc. Guess its gonna have to be that new Spektrum units after all