Thread: Heading hold gyro on an E-Revo

Default Heading hold gyro on an E-Revo

I have no idea what this could mean to FE boats (although many discussions have transpired re gyro driven aero stuff. ) Cool/thought provoking 'tho.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TaYqKPpJL4&t=33s
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

That's cool Tony. I have a pair of RC go-carts that need them. If any RC land vehicle needs a Gyro it's a go-cart!

Do you need to use an extra channel for a Gyro?
    Nortavlag Bulc

I used a heading hold gyro in a SAW hydro once, setting it for a specific heading to insure running the shortest distance through the traps. It worked well for that, giving perfect passes - all I had to do was point the boat in the general direction and line, then hit the throttle. This worked in one direction only but allowed direct comparisons. Every gyro pass was slightly slower than the non-gyro pass. I believe this was due to the constant correcting of the rudder, adding more drag than the shorter line made up for. I only ran 2-3 sets of passes then went back to non-gyro running.

Several oval racers have tried gyros in races (not sure of the mode) but AFAIK they stopped using it.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    That's cool Tony. I have a pair of RC go-carts that need them. If any RC land vehicle needs a Gyro it's a go-cart!

Do you need to use an extra channel for a Gyro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxS9oFrvBbI&t=15s
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    I used a heading hold gyro in a SAW hydro once, setting it for a specific heading to insure running the shortest distance through the traps. It worked well for that, giving perfect passes - all I had to do was point the boat in the general direction and line, then hit the throttle. This worked in one direction only but allowed direct comparisons. Every gyro pass was slightly slower than the non-gyro pass. I believe this was due to the constant correcting of the rudder, adding more drag than the shorter line made up for. I only ran 2-3 sets of passes then went back to non-gyro running.

Several oval racers have tried gyros in races (not sure of the mode) but AFAIK they stopped using it.

I got sleepy after trying a Gyro at the race- now it's back to just donuts

gyro.jpg Donut4.jpg
    Last edited by properchopper; 04-09-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Can’t find a decent gyro shop in my area, we had several great ones in Houston!

BC536AC1-A150-4476-BA45-9911192607EC.jpeg
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for