Thread: Battery connections

Default Battery connections

Since there are a number of connectors being used nowadays, what's the recommended connector for most electric boats, especially the ready to run types... especially to replace the weird Traxxas connector.

I personally have been using Deans but considering 5-6mm banana types for my boats.

If you expect to exceed the stock amp draw, use a minimum of 5.5mm connectors.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

While I know independent/separated bullet connectors are the most efficient in terms of using batteries in multiple wiring configurations, I prefer the built-in safety of a single, conjoined style connector. I've been using the EC5 on the majority of my 3S packs, and the Castle 6.5mm connector on my higher amp draw setups.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

There really is no difference between the EC5 type connectors and separate style being used. They are the same size , will carry the same current load. The only difference is the EC5 style prevents accidental misconnection to the ESC.
    Unless you plan to run SAW I would suspect there would be no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    There really is no difference between the EC5 type connectors and separate style being used. They are the same size , will carry the same current load. The only difference is the EC5 style prevents accidental misconnection to the ESC.
    Unless you plan to run SAW I would suspect there would be no difference.
    Agreed, until you begin running packs in multiple configurations, a series setup for example. Using bullets allows for fewer connectors and solder joints as well as shorter wire lengths, all which means less resistance and more voltage. I still prefer the solid connectors for the safety aspect.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Default XT90-S Anti Spark Connector

XT90-S Anti Spark Connector. Has anyone tried these? Looks like a good idea. I use XT-60 on boats with 4 cell in parallel where each connector only carries 1/2 the load. I use 5.5 on others with a capacitor for spark. I also have airplanes with XT-60 and hate the "spark" when I plug them in. I even have some Deans for light loads on small scale boats and small airplanes. If these are good I would be willing to replace everything with the XT90 and simplify my life.
    Dumas Air Boat OS 25 nitro, Dumas Air Boat Brushless, Midwest Lobster Boat, AQ Lucas Oil Cat, Dumas Hot Shot IV Proboat outboard, Delta Force Cyber Storm 33

puttm' up! i'm hijacking this thread Ha!
    is any one using OSE 8.0mm Anti Spark connector ?
    mine are mostly CC 6.5mm for my boats
    i saw somethn' similar on HK.
    i can't imagine gettn' these now since i do not run anything of 8S+ as of yet.
    i have one boat with a spark arrestor connector with the HW130HV ESC.
    the lil' snaps of 6S or less never hurt or marked anything yet on my systems.
    still funny though

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Agreed, until you begin running packs in multiple configurations, a series setup for example. Using bullets allows for fewer connectors and solder joints as well as shorter wire lengths, all which means less resistance and more voltage. I still prefer the solid connectors for the safety aspect.
    I agree this is how i do mine, but i use 8mm because my speed run cars are set up this way so all my batterys have 8mm on them with a resistor on the power wire on the battery itself for no spark when you connect it up.