Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flier ESC calibrate

Default Flier ESC calibrate

200 amp 16s flier ESC ready to roll in a 48” zelos,gonna run on 8 s,they are not big instructions,need to calibrate,I have the radio bound ,the servo works ,the BEC supplies power I can’t get the ESC to come up,,a few years ago I had some from RCBB that were sold under their brand and they said they were auto calibrate,can’t get this one to take,anyone?thanks,

Have you programmed it?

Here is my ‘go to’ instructions. They are old but I am sure they still apply.

FBFA79DF-A501-4BBA-82F2-1003A1222BC2.jpg

Yep they sent a computer wire but I thought it was in addition to the box ,so I guess I need to down load some software ,good thing I have smart kids ,thanks for the heads up ,I didn’t read that anywhere on the inspections,thank you,

Yes these ESC’s NEED to be programmed before use. And go to the Flier site as the software has changed slightly and I’m fairly certain the FighterCat link is dead.

Shawn

I looked for the fightercat site and didn’t find it I’ll check flier ,thanks ,

http://www.fliermodel.com/en/index.asp

There is a download box on the left in the middle of page. One of those that applies to you.

Yes thank you ,I looked that up last night ,now I just need to figure out which one goes to mine ,mine is 16s 200 amp boat ESC ,all white ,it doesn’t have any ID # ,thanks ,

There is a # F- 16 S- 200 A-C I have no idea how to determine which download I need ,I have to get one of you guys to help or get my nephew over here ,I don’t even have a lap top,thanks guys ,

Oh no laptop? Or PC? I’ll look back on my emails tonight and find out which one apply’s. They don’t differ on ESC just on which fits your computer.

This is from Lisa at Flier:

Pls go to our company's website to download the latest USB linker driver and FlierPCS32.And notice,you need install USB linker driver before,then can run FlierPCS32.

Driver should be automatic. It should state instruction.

I’ll have my nephew read that ,he’s got a lap top and is computer smart,thank you for the info ,I looked for it but really didn’t get anywhere ,I have an iPad that I type on ,my office has all the PC s,and the girls set up the forums and passwords for me but I really didn’t want them doing this ,thanks again ,

You are welcome, really glad to help.

Hi, I am marks daughter. I’m trying to help him figure this out. I am on my Mac laptop. I’ve tried downloading both the USB driver and the FlierPCS32. Once they download and I try to open the fille I get a pop up window that says “There is no application set to open the document 20163319155293140.rar.” And then gives me an option to choose an application or search the App Store... any help?

Almost nothing In the RC world works with Apple. A regular PC is required. Laptop or tower. This is changing and I have no idea why nothing is designed for Apple other than possibly liscencing fees.

Thank you

It is because of Aples tiny market share, the same thing works to Mac's advantage when it comes to viruses, 88% of computers run Windows and 8% run Mac OS. Writing software for either platform takes about the same amount of time and money, so if you are investing your time or money into writing software, which are you going to write it for?
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

You'll need to run Parallels or Bootcamp to run the PC software on the Macbook. Neither of which are free software, nor a quick install, so if you don't have them already, borrowing another windows laptop will be a quicker solution.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ok ,it’s Mark again,Jessica did the whole thing on a different computer in my office and it downloaded, followed all the instructions,plugged in the USB cord and did all that stuff,I’m not computer literate,then I put it in my boat ,connected the BEC,bound the radio,plugged in a 4s,plugged in the program box and programmed the ESC the way I wanted it ,then tried to power it up ,all it does is still do the same tone over and over like there is no radio signal but the servo works ,,help?

Ok did you calibrate it? By this I mean turn on Transmitter, hold throttle full, plug in battery to ESC( it has to be hooked up to receiver), wait for a beep indicating it read full throttle, then release the trigger to neutral and there should be more beeps indicating it read neutral. Then unplug everything and plug back in and all should be fine.

I have been in your shoes here I just am not recalling the ‘ahah’ moment, haha

Yes I tried that and I held full throttle for a while but it continued with the same continuous tones that it has been sounding ,in the new email frim Ali baba it says that I shouldn’t have to activate the ESC because they test each one at the factory,but they sent a new link ,

Ok one thing I do know is that it has to recalibrate each time programming is changed. I’m trying to think here. It does seem to act like it is not seeing receiver signal. Have you tried reversing the throttle on the transmitter?

I’m racking my brain to remember what was tripping me up that time..
    I do have two brand new ones here I could test and see if it trips me again.

Here’s one, check your wires to the receiver. Of extensions are used check that polarity is correct.
    I just had one that came New mixed up.

Ok just tried new down load ,no go ,now I’ll try all your ideas ,thanks ,

Ok I did all all the items listed ,when holding the throttle open it does hesitate for about 5 seconds before resuming the same tone ,then I go to neutral or reverse and same thing ,then resumes tones,
    Here’s the dirty little secret I’ve been holding till I’ve excused all avenues,
    When I first wired it up I wired 4s -2 P, and used an anti spark for the first time ,so I’m ready to make my final connection for 8 s and start to connect the anti spark and it sparks way more than it should so I know something is wrong ,after a quick look I see that because of the 2-p the negative becomes a positive so I actually did a direct short to the anti spark wire,I was hoping that it didn’t damage the ESC in that it was just a spark ,but it looks like I’ve done everything else ,so thank you for all your help ,I’ll buy a new one ,save all the info and apply it the the new one ,again thank you all so much but it looks like I ruined this one with a silly mistake ,

We have all done it, the beginning can be full of silly mistakes. Hell I touched the two wires together after a run and started a ESC fire and bubbled up a $1400 paintjob. Lesson there? When running a large capacitor bank be aware of how much energy is stored there.

Extra attention needs to be paid once you start running packs in series.
    Lesson learned and move on.

Yes always learning ,thank you,

You could send it to Flier. I have sent a couple back due to user error. Usually had them back in a month. They are pretty good as long as you discuss with Lisa at Flier and state what you did exactly.
    It is likely something that just went poof quick and can be replaced. I can give you the email address for Lisa.

There's no way someone named Lisa works for Flier.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    There's no way someone named Lisa works for Flier.
    English name so we can associate and relate silly,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast